I OWE YOU. (PLEASE READ!)

Thank you to everyone who has supported my writing this past year and a half, you've helped me not only grow as an author but as a person. I appreciate you ALL so, very much and I'd be nowhere without you. It's been a great time and I won't be quitting writing in general, but it's very likely I'll both post less, and due to the news that Geoff is a dad, I won't be posting any Gawsten fanfiction anymore. It's likely I'll post The Wrecks, Cawsten, or Shameless related things, but I just know Gawsten is behind me. I'll be finishing my fic LNA (which is only 1-2 chapters more) then be done.

I'm really happy for Geoff and his family and I hope they're very, very happy. I know it doesn't mean I HAVE to stop writing Gawsten content, but I think continuing to do so would just make me uncomfortable.

So, since that's out of the way, there WAS supposed to be a (substantially long) HFTC sequel. It was called Say Anything, and it had a playlist to go with it, and I even made a cover as well. As promised, I feel I owe you this, so here's a quick synopsis of what it would've been.

------

It's two and a half years after HFTC. Geoff is living in San Diego. He's going through school for marketing because in high school, Awsten suggested that he'd be good at it. He's dating Zakk, a student in fashion design. He's doing okay in school and finds that he is passionate about marketing, but he feels like something is missing. He's also the manager of his aunt and uncle's hotel.

Awsten is in a queercore band called Death Breakfast with Nick and Carter. Nick is still dating Westen, but they're both also dating a guy named Aaron (Also in The Wrecks IRL.) Carter and Awsten dated for nearly eight months, starting the December after Geoff left, but broke up because Awsten saw them as just friends. Awsten tried to do community college in Houston but dropped out after his first year because he felt like it wasn't going anywhere, and so Carter, Nick and him decided to move to San Diego because Nick had connections and family there and they wanted to start a band together.

Awsten is now out and extremely proud of his sexuality, and is really passionate about doing what you want and wearing what you want, hence the queercore band. (Think Pansy Division, The Butchies, Hunx & His Punx, etc.) He wears neon colors and covers himself in glitter and wears a lot of silver chains, necklaces, etc. Because their band is so loud and out there and unlike a lot of other things in the area, they kind of (LOCALLY) blow up.

Geoff figures out Awsten is in town because of one of their shows. He doesn't actually know Awsten's in the band, he just sees their name on a poster and is down to attend a cheap show that Zakk wanted him to come to. Zakk and him show up to the show kind of late, and when they walk in, Awsten is on stage exclaiming that this next song is about "The first boy he ever smashed." Awsten is wearing a neon pink croptop with white fishnets and black mom jeans, he has clout goggles on his head, and he's wearing glitter everywhere and a ton of jewelry. He looks really goddamn happy.

Nick gives Geoff death glares from his spot at the drums and is the only one to recognize Geoff until after the show. Awsten finds out Geoff is there because of Nick's nonstop glaring, at the end of their set. Geoff and Awsten catch up as much as possible while Zakk is still there. Later, Geoff excuses himself to the bathroom where he and Awsten talk about how they wish they'd still kept in contact. Geoff ends up initiating a makeout session, which Awsten stops before they get carried away and says that it took him a long time to genuinely get over Geoff, and that he won't let Geoff cheat on Zakk with him. But they can be friends again.

From there, it's a few chapters of them continuing to bond, as friends. They catch up for hours at a time and are essentially best friends, just like when they were kids. Zakk gets concerned that Geoff is cheating on him, but Geoff explains they've been friends since childhood and after losing contact with him twice already, he doesn't want it to happen again.

Nick is mildly concerned about Awsten's bond with Geoff growing too much once again, but is too busy planning their upcoming wedding ceremony to Westen and Aaron. (It's not legal, but it is a sign of commitment between the three of them.) There's more Geoff and Awsten hanging out and subtly flirting. The wedding comes up and Awsten invites Geoff as his platonic date. They end up making out in the bathroom again, (Including a joke about how they only seem to kiss in bathrooms) and decide on being in an actual relationship, the catch being Geoff has to break up with Zakk right away. They dance together at the wedding.

Geoff has a hard time breaking it off for the next couple chapters to the point where he mostly ignores Zakk out of guilt, and practically lives at Awsten's apartment. Nick and Carter are used to him being at practice, going out to lunch with them, etc. and it's like he's part of the band to some degree. Then, Awsten brings up the fact that the band has the opportunity to go on tour across the country over the summer (around 2-3 months away) and he wants Geoff to come along as crew, but Geoff needs to break up with Zakk NOW or he'll know he's not serious.

Geoff breaks up with Zakk last minute, about a week before the tour is set to take off. Zakk says he's in a lot of pain but suspected it all along. Awsten still isn't pleased because it took Geoff so long, and suggests maybe Geoff should just stay home for the summer. Geoff refuses, and says that he's committed and he's in love with Awsten and he'll do anything to prove it. Awsten denies that, and they don't talk for a few days, but the day the band is heading out, Geoff ends up proposing. He says that it doesn't have to be effective immediately, but it's a sign that he's there till the end of the line. Awsten says yes and they leave, together.

And that's it.

Again, THANK YOU ALL. SO MUCH. For your support, your love, your votes & comments. For everything. Catch you later <3