Part 3

ALLY

We had pizza for lunch and spent the rest of the time talking to each other.

Nobody dared to bring up the 'Tyren' thing. Well, I should be getting over that by now.

"Let's go." Mila told me and Dinah.

Dinah stood up and picked up her bag, ready to go to our next class while ending her conversation with Mani.

I took a deep breath and faced Lauren. She offered me a smile.

"Is Ty gonna be there?" I asked her quietly.

She chuckled before she could even realize I wouldn't like that reaction and she cleared her throat.

"Yeah. You don't have to worry about it baby."

Really?

"So you know his schedule?"

She took my hands and offered me a sad smile.
I didn't mean to complicate things or make her feel bad, really. I'd rather not say what's in my head 'cause I'm just gonna mess it up.

"I'm sorry." I told her and I pulled my hands back to pick up my bag.

I looked at the others and I obviously just made a little scene.

"I'm sorry." I told them and made my way to our next class.

This is making me feel miserable!
This doesn't feel okay!

I bit my lip and took a really deep breath, trying to put my breathing under control. But I'm so scared I'll be too emotional and there are so many people around. I can't.

Everything went blurry and the next thing I knew was that I was being dragged inside the restroom.

"Listen, baby. I knew that his schedule because we were talking about it. He asked me about the room numbers and stuff. It's not like I really cared. I don't know what you exactly feel but I know I'm making you feel really bad. And I'm so sorry."

--

LAUREN

"You shouldn't feel sorry for feeling the way you do. It matters, whatever you're feeling, it's valid. We're in this relationship together, okay?"

She nodded without looking at me.

This is seriously fucking breaking my heart. This is the second time I saw her cry today.

I don't even fucking know if I did something wrong but I feel guilty.

"Please, stop crying."

She took a step back and wiped her tears using her own hands. Her tears wouldn't stop falling and she decided to just cover her face and lean on the wall.

I slowly took a step forward, trying not to make it worse.

"Allyson. It's not the two of us against each other. It's the two of us against all challenges. Right?"

I wiped a few drops of tears on my cheeks and waited for her to respond. When she nodded, I quickly pulled her close and wiped her tears while calming her down.

"Things will get harder, some things will stay rough. But we are more than this and so much more than this."
(A/N: I told one of my exes that, and guess what 😂 no surprise, she's one of the exes now so found out we weren't really more than that 😂)

When she stopped sobbing, I let her break the hug.

"Can I come over tonight?" I asked her, taking her bag from her.