TWO

You grit your teeth together as you pull yourself away from him. You stood in place, observing him. The smell was lingering still. It didn't matter in the end whether you tried to run, it was going to stick with you.

The coincidence that you ran into your mate. Kim Taehyung, a rich and famous noble that's known around the world for not just his money, but his looks.

He was beyond stunning on news, videos, magazines. There wasn't a single person that didn't know him. And those who did almost immediately fell in love. You were on the other end of the spectrum.

You found him to be to fond of himself. So full of himself that he never looked or cared for anyone else. There was always that facade he'd wear out in public that you caught the minute he was on your television.

And when hearing your mother had immediately got on their good side with your money and wealth, you just knew you weren't getting anything good out of it.

Especially when you're his mate.

You knew about the notion, wolves specifically would mate for life, that the alpha male would treasure and spoil his mate, but that being you, under the arms and control of someone greater than you?

Just didn't seem to be what you liked.

"I hope that you know that just because I'm here today, standing before you won't mean I'm bowing my head to submission. I don't do that, especially when it's you."

He raises a brow, watching as you bit the inside of your lip.

You were refraining yourself from saying to much. Had you spilled anything worse or harsh, you knew that the business that your mother had set up would all go in vain.

You weren't going to ruin her dream just because of the man that you dislike most in the world happened to be your mate.

"You never know, things can change." You hated that. How was he so confident that he could make you submit to him? You weren't an idiot.

"And you never know, you might never see me again after this." You spat back.

His eyes expressed everything. He didn't like what you said.

But did you honestly care? No.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't know you were my mate?" You step back, eyes lowering.

"Y/n, there may be so many people in this world, but when I see my mate, I know it right away." He states as he closes in on you. The fact he knew your name. Where was this information coming from?

"And I've waited four years to get this chance. I'm not letting it slip away."

You clench your dress with your hands forgetting how deep your nails start to dig into your hands.

"I, Y/n L/n, refuse-"

He slams his hands against the wall next to you, eyes lowering down to your level.
"Don't. You. Dare." And that was the last straw. You're mad.

How dare he use his alpha tone.

──

"Don't you think your sisters taking a while?" Your mother sips from her drink, turning to face Ahnjong.

Her eyes widen as you storm your way to her with a red, frustrated face.

"I'm going home." You spat as formally as you could, trying to avoid any rumors that were about to start.

You had the get out before he came back. You weren't going to get crowded by people asking how it happened.

You didn't even want it to happen. Him being your mate? Worst pairing in the world.

You motion your sister, watching her come with you as she starts to worry. What happened while you were gone? Did you run into the Kim's son?

"He's my mate Ahnjong." Just like that, you had answered her question. The gap in her mouth drops beyond belief. How was that possible?

"So I'm leaving before things get worse." She gulps before clutching your sleeve. "But how-"

"Mr. Kim has arrived!" A guest announces proudly, as you hear footsteps cross the stage that was just in front of you.

"My son has something important to say." The older man speaks, turning to his son who catches eyes with you.

He wouldn't dare.

"It's been four years since I've last talked about this, but I've come here to announce again that I've found my mate." You freeze up watching your mother face you with wide eyes.

"Y/n L/n. Why don't you come up here?"

The nerves he has.