FIVE

Your eyes wavered to the boy next to you, watching him as he introduced himself to your family.

Who would've guessed he was your mate. And for him to be your mate out of all of the men out there in the world.

Honestly, you couldn't help but think that you're probably the only one who hasn't already fallen in love with him.

He seemed to be so full of himself that he didn't realize one word that comes out of his mouth, might just as well end everything.

You highly doubt he even thinks before speaking.

──

You sit on your bed, watching as Taehyung wraps roll after roll of wrapping tape on your ankle.

"You don't need to cover it that much." You sneered, attempting to pull your leg out of his grasp. He grip was soft and warm. He held your leg gently before pulling it back to him.

It wasn't even broken, and yet here he acted as if it was going to take walking away from you. I mean, it was his fault you were in this situation.

If only he hadn't chased you.

He looked up into your gaze, catching you off guard. You immediately avert your attention elsewhere, hoping that he would get the hint and leave. His eyes lower back to your leg, setting it down onto the carpet. "It's all done." He states, watching you peek back to his form.

You didn't want to say it, but would anyone else have helped wrap your swollen foot for you? Nope.

"Thanks." You quietly mutter, wanting this feeling to leave you. You didn't even know what it was. "I don't think I caught that."

Huh?

You arch your brow, gritting your teeth. He is playing tricks on you.

"Well, I won't be saying it again." You spoke as you watched his lips raise a bit, a smile appearing on his lips. "You're welcome, Y/n." You looked away as you felt your face flush a bit, your head turning far from where he was looking. It's just the wolf bond acting up. That's all that it was.

──

After Taehyung left shortly as he had things he needed to do, you made your way down the stairs to the kitchen. Your mother and sister are sitting at the table. They both stood up in a hurry, seeing your leg. "What happened?" Your sister became worried as she rushed to you. "Was it during the party?" She whispers quietly as you nod to her words. Her eyes showed that of guilt. It wasn't like she hurt you.

I smile gently, and I ruffle her hair. "Don't worry, I'll heal in no time! You know me." I smile as she nods in understanding, helping me to a chair.

Your mother showed eyes of guilt, but not a single word left her lips.

HOURS LATER

"She's out hunting... Did something happen?"

"Not at all." He smiles softly as he waves goodbye to your mother before going to find where you had went off to.

──

You patched up and carried the basket full of apples that you caught from the trees before turning around to head back to the house.

However, as you did, you immediately stopped right before smacking into the person standing there. You sure had a strange habit of running into people.

The persons arms reached out to try to catch you, worried if he had knocked you over. "Sorry, Y/n... I just thought you could use some help..."

You smile softly as you stepped back, looking up to meet your boyfriend. "Woojin, why are you here? You know my mother had a hard time with seeing people..."

A low but raspy chuckle left the boys lips before you saw him reach into his back pocket to present to you. A gift.

"Can't I visit my girlfriend?" You rolled your eyes as you watched him pull out a small box. "I saw you looking at this necklace a while back on our date. I thought I'd save to get it." You smile gently as I turn around for him to put it on me.

He raises his head, a grin on his lips. "I hope you like it." You could only feel guilty now.

If only he knew you were a wolf. Would he change his mind?