NINE

As the two of you enter into the huge house, you watch two maids come down the stairs to greet you. "Welcome back Master. We've prepared the diner, your father and mother are waiting for your return." They state confidently as they motion for the two of you to follow pursuit.

Taehyung holds out his arm as you stare him down. "What?" He chuckles as he speaks up, "Hold my arm, you may get lost again." Your eyes widen as your mouth is agape. "That wasn't on purpose, I was just curious that last time." You speak up as he nods along. "Whatever you say Y/n. Now hurry up. We don't want to keep my parents waiting." As much as you tried your best to avoid physical touch, you forced yourself to hold onto his arm as the two of you followed the maids to the diner.

"You aren't trying to set me up here, are you?" You asked as you watched him turn his face to look at you. "I wouldn't do that Y/n, my parent have just been asking to see you after the birthday party. They were curious to see you in person since you ran off that last time when I introduced you." You sigh as you look back at him.

"Well maybe if you weren't so persistent and needing to introduce me in front of so many people, I would have been more understanding. It's partly your fault." You spoke as you watch him smirk a bit. "How else was I supposed to get your attention?" 

"I don't know, maybe find a better timing? I don't understand you, anyways, let's just get this over with." You spoke as you tried to hurry your pace in getting to the dining room.

The night passed by smoothly as Taehyung's parents welcomed you warmly. They made everything to the best of your liking, they did their best to make you feel just like at home. And it was working.

"Mother, father, It's late and I'm sure Y/n needs to start heading back." Taehyung speaks up softly as he nudged your arm just a bit. You get the sign and stand up, bowing deeply as you speak up.

"I really enjoyed my time that I spent with you, thank you for having me." A bright smile appears on Taehyung's mother's face as she claps her hands together before speaking up. "Y/n please do come by again, I could use your company. It's so nice to have someone visit every once in a while." You smile as you nod, "Yes absolutely Mrs. Kim, thank you both for having me." Taehyung smile to his parents as he gently takes you from the room.

"My mother loves you, Y/n." You nod as you follow closely behind him. "Thank you Y/n, truly." He softly states as you both make it outside. "For what?" He faces you as he takes his jacket to wrap it around you. "Just thank you for everything." You look up at him as he holds a calm and soft look. He looked like he was happy. A look you haven't seen on him before.

"Taehyung..." He smiles as he drags you to the car. "Anyways, let's get you home before your mother starts to worry about you."

You didn't know what to say to him. You were beginning to feel attached when you knew you had to stand your ground. It was just the bond Y/n... You have someone you love Y/n... Don't let it get into your head.

──

The drive home was silent once more. Your mind was racing, frustration, guilt, confusion, troubled and more. You didn't know what you were supposed to do in this situation.

You've been telling yourself you need to hold yourself back, you weren't supposed to feel these emotions for Taehyung. It was getting into your head, you were just confused.

The car stopped as he turns it off. Taehyung gets out of the car as he moves to the other side to open the door before you could. "Thanks..." You mutter as you step out and take the jacket off to hand it back to him. "I enjoyed meeting your parents." You speak and before Taehyung could say anything, you speak up.

"However, if you plan to pull this again, I won't stand by. You need to let me know at least a week ahead of time. I won't just willing join you." That was the tone you always used again. Taehyung's lips close as he takes his jacket and silently walks you to your house.

It felt as if you were forcing yourself. You knew your boundaries and Taehyung knew what you were thinking. He was only getting in the way.

"Good night Y/n." He speaks as you nod and enter the house quickly.

He knew you didn't like him. You were only doing this stuff to please him so he would leave you alone. Taehyung continued to stare at your house as he sighs, ruffling his hair as he looks up at the sky.

"What do I need to do to get your attention?"