SIX

Your hands shake uncontrollably as you watch Woojin pick up the apples from the ground after putting on your necklace, handing you back the basket. You didn't even want to imagine how he would react when he'd find out that you've lied to him all this time.

About what you really were.

It scared you that he would leave you because of some small difference. You were still part human. Would that make the difference? You didn't see why it was so wrong that there were wolves living among them.

Sure, humans would turn up missing and sure there were wolves who'd eat people. But you weren't like them. You weren't a murderer. You didn't even eat people. The thought of Woojin thinking that you were one of those wolves who do that, scared you.

"Y/n," You look up from the floor, catching eyes with him. "You okay? Did something happen at home?" He asks with curiosity and you couldn't help but smile. "I'm good, thank you." He ruffles your hair with a smile and the feeling of guilt inside you disappeared. He really did know how to make you feel better.

──

Taehyung stands idlily by as he watches the two of you interact. His eyes would lower just slightly as he spots the guy near you grab a strand of your hair, tucking it between your ears.

"Y/n, would you be free this weekend? My friend invited me to join them for a party they are hosting at Min-Jee's house." His voice soft and gentle as he speaks with you. "I would have to see, you know my mom is spectacle about parties." Your lips seethe as you know you were just being hypocritical just then.

Taehyung eyes sharpen as he watches the guy's hands holds your face. 

But then again, did Taehyung really hold anything against you? You were just as free as anyone else. Seeing this only made him upset, but Taehyung knew just as much that if stepped in right now. It would only make things become messier than they were. 

He really tried holding back.

 The fact he just watched. He just stood there. He didn't even know the relationship between the two of you, but seeing you with another person. Much less, a human who probably had no clue what your true identity was? It was agitating him. It was itching him. It made him angry. 

Taehyung's eye arched as he saw Woojin move closer. Closer than what he liked seeing.

It set him off.

His feet moved on his own without command and just as Woojin was about to pull you in a closer, you were yanked from his arms and into Taehyung. His eyes shifting colors as his voice seeped with venom. Deeper than when you first him speak, or deeper in general. You have never seen anyone this angry. Anyone this jealous.

"Don't touch her." 

Taehyung's arms pulled you close to his chest as you lifted your head to catch a glimpse at him. You see his eyes turn dark red and you immediately went to cover his eyes. "Taehyung please, calm down!" You panicked as you snapped your head in the direction of Woojin. Seeing his eyes lower just as much as Taehyung's had.

 A wearily smile appears on your face, as you attempt to diffuse the situation, your skin shivering as you felt just as scared. Taehyung was radiating so much murderous intent. You didn't know if it was on purpose or if he was set off, however your clear mission was to separate the two.

"Woojin, I don't think I introduced you to my Step-brother." You stammered as you watch him arch his brow. You knew he was finding the situation suspicious. What kind of step brother would hold his sister like that? What kind of brother would separate the two of you and glare that harshly at him?

"I promise I'll explain better, but he's a little crazy and doesn't know what he's doing half the time. Do you think we can meet up later and I promise I will tell you everything?" You explained as you pushed Taehyung by his chest after getting the clear on his eyes changing back to their normal color. Taehyung could only look down at you as he sees the tension. 

You face Taehyung, a low whisper coming out of your mouth. "Don't you dare start anything." You state as you quickly take his wrist and apologize profusely to Woojin. "I'm really sorry Woojin! I swear I'll explain everything after." You once again state as you try your best to pull Taehyung away.

Woojin keeps his eyes lowered as he sighs. "Why does she always have to be so difficult. It's beginning to get on my nerves, and since when did she get a brother?"

I did end up changing a few things in the last chapter so if you read Chapter 5 before the update, it may seem a bit off in this chapter. I just thought it'd be weird if I had Y/n pick up fish from the stream. Like where are you going with that? lmao anyways, hope you enjoy. I'll try updating this story every Friday and Saturday. Thank you