Nightmare

Androids couldn't sleep, of course. They just went into standby or otherwise set their systems to the lowest setting to cooldown, though the need for the second was rare.

This state allowed them to remain semi-conscious even as they simulated 'sleep', which is how Connor ended up being 'woken up' at 4am by odd, hard to make out sounds. Crying? He waited for a few minutes and the noises didn't stop, perhaps even getting louder, so he headed to the source to find out what was happening.

He found Hank curled up in a mess of blanket, eyes shut tightly and sweating profusely, gasping for air and whimpering out incoherently, though Connor could make out both the word 'Cole' as well as his own name.

Concerned, LED flashing yellow and then red for a split second, the android reached out to hold him by the shoulder and shake him moderately gently. The man immediately started awake, pupils blown wide, unseeing as he instinctually lashed out.

His arm robotically snapped up to catch the fist sent his way, and he let out a slight 'ooft' as a foot jammed into his stomach, causing his knees to instinctively buckle as the air was pushed from his artificial lungs.

"Lieutenant!" he shouted, pinning the man down on the bed, climbing atop him. "It's me, Connor! Please calm yourself!"

For a moment he continued to struggle blindly, but after a beat jerked as though he had been slapped, and comprehension damned into his eyes. "Connor?"

"Yes, Hank. It's me. Are you calm?" the bot ran a quick analysis, satisfied to see his heartrate returning to normal and his status being mostly awake and almost free of delerium.

Hank shook his head before his gaze landed on where Connor pinned him, hands restraining his own, fingers having slipped to intertwine with his. He kneed him in the chest, and the brown haired man let out a 'pf' noise and fell slightly back before adjusting himself, now kneeing and leaning awkwardly backward on the end of his bed.

Hank shook his head, rubbing his forehead. "Jesus christ Con, you don't half give me a heart attack" he groaned. "The fuck're you doin' in my room straddling me?"

"I heard you making noises and feared you were experiencing a nightmare" Conner said honestly, brown eyes soft as he observed how the other man tensed. "Would you like to speak of it?"

"In the morning" he muttered, shoving a pillow over his head. Connor looked at him skeptically and he smiled crookedly. "Seriously you hunka plastic, i will. You go back and.. Hybernate"

After a slight shared smile, the android left.