Awkward

It was awkward to be around each other now.

Connor flushed at the slightest of remarks that fled from his partners mouth, and Hank was oversensetised to any kind of contact, shuffling whenever Connor so much as tapped his hand.

Connor had learnt to be weary of where he should touch the lieutenant (god that sentence made him shudder with something he couldn't name). Hank was fine with being touched on his shoulder and higher back, but absolutely despised when someone touched his inner wrists.

Connor had learnt not to ask why.

He did, however, dispose of the rusting razors he found at the back of the medicine cabinet.

A safe touch was resting his head on Hank's shoulder while watching the TV, an action Hank seemed to find equal parts awkward and comfortable.

He had learnt to not ruffle Hank's hair (especially not to tie it), he had learnt that when the lieutenant was drunk not to pat him or to place his hand ANYWHERE below the belt (a drunk Hank once yelled he would dispose of Connor when he grabbed him by the inner thigh while lifting him, and the boy had taken it to heart).

He had learnt also that contact with his face was a big NO.

A fleck of blood had gotten onto Hank's face, and, without thinking, he had moved forward and swiped it off, licking it to analyse it.

Hank's blood temperate and heartrate increased significantly, and he shuffled, spluttering out obscenities.

Connor rather liked Hank flustered.

Though he would never tell him that.