Chapter 1

"Eren, are you sure you want to do this?" Mikasa asked for the hundredth time today.

    "Absolutely, Mikasa," I rolled my eyes as I threw my duffle bag into my trunk."Going into the army is not that terrible. Anyway, I will just have boot camp for now till they ship me off." Her eyes filled with worry as she thought about me heading off to war in another country.

    "I know, Eren, but I don't want to lose anyone else." She croaked. Her eyes brimmed with tears at the thought of losing another family member.

    "Hey. Hey, don't cry Mika. I will come back unlike our parents I promise." I slammed the trunk down and opened my arms for a hug. She rushed over and squeezed me into a bear hug. I pecked her forehead before pulling away. "I will be back in a few months."

    "You better come back you butt-face." She mumbled and struck her fist into my chest.

    "I need to get on the road." I let go over her and wiped away the solitary tear that slides down her cheek before climbing into the driver's seat. "I'm going to go learn to kick terrorists' asses!" I scream as I take off down the road.

    "Drop and give me fifty!" Shadis commanded. I dropped down to the ground onto the blacktop and assumed the push-up position; hands into fists, on the balls of your feet and going down till your elbows are at a 90 degree. In the winter your fists before numb and at the beginning your fists would crack and blood would stain the blacktop.

    "Quicker or you are doing twenty more!" Shadis spat in fury. I heard some groans and complaints and I cursed inside my head. These people are idiots. After about five minutes the last people finished up, finally.

    I stood at attention waiting for orders when a tree walked up to the chief. Well, it wasn't a tree; it was a tall fucking dude. He had blonde hair cut into a military-style undercut. What caught my eye the most was the big fucking eyebrows. They were caterpillars!

    "Cadet Jaeger!" Chief Shadis called out and started to walk my way. I stood up straighter, making sure I was at perfect attention. I tucked my left arm behind my back and put my right fist over my heart. "Have you ever met Erwin Smith, Cadet?" He obtained that know it all tone.

    "No. Sir, no," I answered as we were commanded to do.

    "Well, now you will." Chief turned around to Erwin. When the hell did he walk over to us? "At ease Cadet." I relaxed a little and tucked my right arm behind my back. I constantly got picked on for my at ease looking like I was at attention.

    "That will be all Keith." Commander Smith waved the chief off. Shadis moved over to the other cadets and started to order them around more.

    "Eren, let's go for a walk." Commander Smith turned on his heels before I could respond to anything. I scurried to catch up to him.

    We walked around in silence before he stopped in front of one of the buildings at the back of the base. The first day the cadets came in Chief yelled at us to not even go near it. My muscles tensed as I saw Commander move towards the building.

    "Don't be scared, kid." He returned and offered me a smile. I nodded my head before rushing inside when he opened the door.

    "Tsk." I jerked my head around to see a small man in a military uniform. He was gorgeous. His raven hair was styled into a perfect undercut. His uniform was in perfect aliment. His shoes looked brand new and there wasn't anything out of place on him.

    "This is Cadet Jaeger." Erwin walked over to the private bar that was in the room. "He is the one I was telling you about." The guy Erwin was talking to, let out another tsk before glaring at me.

    "Does he even know why he is here?" His eyes never abandoned me; they raked my body for anything that could be wrong.

    "Levi, I wasn't going to scare the kid." Erwin let out a small chuckle. "Anyway, I am stealing this bottle of whiskey and head off to my office." Erwin held up the bottle of whiskey as a wave goodbye before heading out the door.

    "Well, Brat, it looks like I am stuck with you." He scowled.

    "Sir, my name is Eren Jaeger, not Brat." I knew it was illogical to correct anyone above you but I won't let some random dude call me a brat. Even if that dude is drop dead gorgeous. His eyes squinted into a glair likely trying to burn a hole into my head.

    "Talk back to me again and you will be sorry." He growled.

    "Sorry, Sir." I lowered my gaze to the ground.

    "And never say sorry unless you mean it." His voice was monotoned. Now that I think about it the only time when he was monotone was when he got enraged at me.

    "If I may ask Sir, why am I here?" My palms became sweaty as my brain came up with multiple situations of why I was here. What if he wanted to violate me or kill. What if he found out I was gay and decided that I should be beaten to death after he violates me! Ok, Eren he wasn't going to do that. But he might.

    "Because Erwin thought it would be an excellent idea to add a new member to my group and based on your background, you contain the fire to fight but no one can succeed in     controlling you." His voice strangely stayed monotone. His face held no emotion.

    "Shouldn't I finish with boot camp before I am shipped out?" I questioned.

    "You have no clue who I am." He walked over to the bar and pulled out a bottle of whiskey hidden under the tiny bar.

    "No, Sir, I don't." I shifted my weight from one foot to another.

    "I am Captain Levi, the commander of Levi's squad." Holly fucking shit. His squad was the people that finally took down the fucking terrorists that killed mother after years had passed.

    "Captain, I am glad to finally meet you." I lowered my head in respect. "Your squad took down the terrorists that killed my mother." I looked up to catch a glimpse of his face softening a bit.

    "Well, let's get your bags packed because we are leaving the first thing in the morning so you can come to meet everyone and we can get you into training as soon as possible."

Hey guys! So, this is my new story that I am going to be working on! I am really excited to see where I can take it! I've been planning this for about a month now but I haven't really had time to sit down and write. I have been busy with my soapbox derby racing. I made top eight in both nationals! WOOHOO!!! Anyways I hope you guys like it and I hope to be publishing more before school and sports start up. I will definatly keep writing when school starts cause I have boring classes this year. Goodbye and I hope you love this new stor