Fluffy Pancakes and Maxi- Pads

"Holland Summers if you don't get your ass down here in 3 minutes I will march up there and pull you out of your bed and throw you outside so the whole neighborhood can see you in your pjs!" My father yelled.

I rolled my eyes. My father was always over dramatic over things. Like this situation for instance. Now I very well know that my father wouldn't do anything like that to me, he just loves me to much. I sigh and got out of bed. I grabbed my phone that was sitting on my nightstand and walked down the long hallway and downstairs to the kitchen. I saw my older brother sitting in one of the bar stools. I plopped down next to him.

"Rise and shine Holl." Max said with a smirk.

"Now, now, Max. Everyone knows what a college kid does when they are at parties. And I'm sure our innocent father would despise you if he ever found out about what exactly you do happen to do at those parties." I said with a smirk of my own.

"You wouldn't dare." He glared.

"Oh I do dare."

See my brother is a capital D, Douche bag, and he's a pot head. Not saying that I'm not, but I'm not nearly as bad as him. I will say I am quite the partier though. Anyways, my brother gets stoned, drinks a shit ton of beer, has sex with 6 different girls, and leaves me his drunk, high, sex, voicemails at 3 in the morning. Being the lovely sister that I am, I saved every single one of them. I started to because they were funny as hell, but then I found out that I could use them for blackmail. Which is basically why in my father's eyes, I am seen as a fucking princess.

I threw him a smirk and ran over to my dad. He was standing next to the stove cooking pancakes. I ran up to him and imbraced him in a hug.

"Hey daddy!" I said happily.

"Hey princess. These are almost done, you have to eat them quick or you'll be late for school." He kissed the top of my head and then flipped a pancake.

I walked back over to my brother who was glaring at my movements. He knew I was the favorite out of the two of us. I stuck my tongue out at him earning the same thing back. I let out a fake gasp.

"Daddy Max stuck his tongue out at me." I said with a baby voice.

He looked at me with his kind smile. Then sent a glare at Max. I let out a giggle and went upstairs. I walked into my room and jumped into my shower. Once I was all clean I picked out what I was going to wear. I decided on a white Thrasher crop top, some black ripped jeans, and my white converse.

I went into the bathroom and began to put on my makeup, just simple mascara and eyeliner. I put my dirty blonde hair up into a messy bun. There was always so much hair in this god damn bathroom, I swear that I shed like a fucking dog does. I grabbed my chapstick off the counter and slipped it in my bag. I grabbed my black leather jacket and my bag and headed back downstairs.

There was a plate waiting for me on the counter. It looked so delicious. I ran over to the counter grabbing the syrup out of Max's hands on the way. I began to pour the sugary goodness all over my pancakes. I set the bottle back on the counter and looked over at my brother. He sent me a glare but I could tell he was trying not to smile.

"Awwww. You just love me so much, don't you Maxi-pad?" I asked with a smirk, he always got ticked when I call him that.

"Holland! I told you to stop calling me that. It is just cruel. First off I'm not a female, and second I don't have a fucking period, and nor do I need to use a pad." He said with a glare set on me.

I just rolled my eyes at my brother's logic. I began to eat the delicious clouds of heaven that were sitting on my plate. My dad had learned how to master pancakes when he was left with us for 3 weeks. Our mother had to take a business trip out of the country, so we were stuck with dad. Let me tell you, he sucked at taking care of us. Mom usually made the food we ate, dad never did, so for the first week we never ate at home. My dad would always take us out or we would order in.

I sighed at the good old days. Although that was only 3 years ago I remember it as if it were yesterday. My mother never came home though. The plane engines malfunctioned and it crashed killing everyone in it. I will never forget the look on my dads face when he heard it on the news. It was like he knew that it was her plane before he even got the conformation.

He wasn't really the same after that. He became distant with us, that's why Max got into drugs and alcohol. I got in with some bad people from my old school. I guess we just kinda went our own ways, we had no one there to tell us what the hell we were suppose to do. My father locked himself in his room, my brother was always to drunk or to high to get a reasonable answer out of him, so I just figured it out myself.

Eventually my dad noticed how fucked up we were and started taking care of us again. He became a better dad than what he was. He devoted his every breath to us. We became a family again. Although not everyone was there, it was us. We all knew that she was there though, just in spirit.