Job Findings and Run Ins

I got up early in the morning to start looking for a steady, good income jobs. What the hell am I even saying? I know nothing of what I'm suppose to do in order to get a job. Deciding that I should just give it a try, for my family and all, I got out of bed and hopped in the shower getting ready.

I slipped on some fancier clothes, if I knew one thing, it was that first impressions are key to getting a job. I grabbed a nice top with some of my dressier pants. I checked myself in the mirror before I went downstairs. My dad was sitting on the couch watching tv, while Max was probably still sleeping.

"Where are you off to looking like that?" My dad asked with a smirk on his face.

"You know, just around town. I love to look like the sophisticated type when I'm shopping." I said with worry that he would find out.

"Alright then." He said awkwardly.

"Alrighty, bye dad. Love you."

"Hold up young lady. Here."

He got up off the couch pulling his wallet out of his pocket. I sighed and shook my head with a frown. He pulled out $50 and went to hand it to me. I pushed his hands away from me and backed closer to the door.

"Dad I don't want your money. Oh look, gotta go! Love ya!" I yelled as I walked out the door.

I quickly got away and began my journey for job searching. Never in my life had I thought of doing this by myself. I always thought about getting a job when I was little, my parents and I would make a day of it, we'd look at all the open jobs, and find the best one for me. Wow, I was a very naive little kid.

I walked into the mall and into one of my favorite stores hoping they were in need of a new person. I walked in looking around the store as usual, finding many things that I might want. But today isn't about shopping, it's about finding a job to help support the family. I walked over to the cashier.

"Hello. Are you guys hiring?" I asked politely.

"I believe we are, I can double check with my manager real quick." She said with a kind smile.

She walked into the back room for a few minutes. I took time in looking at all of their perfume samples smelling each one. She still hadn't come back out so I went on to look at their jewelry section. They had many nice things that I've never noticed before. She had finally come back with a person following after her. The woman behind her looked very nice, but a tough kind of nice.

"Hello, I hear you are looking for a job here. I'm the manager, Karlie." She said.

"Yes, nice to meet you, I'm Holland." I said shaking her hand that was being held out to me.

"So we can set up a job interview for sometime this week, I'll have to get everything ready, and I'm going to need your information, in case anything changes."

I nodded and followed her back over to the cash register. She reached under the counter and pulled out a folder and gave me a sheet. I looked it over and began to fill in the questions. It wasn't many, just the common questions, like full name, date of birth, phone number, email, address, etc.

After everything was settled I decided to go and get some food, seeing upon how it was already almost 11. I started this job search at 9 this morning. I began skipping feeling overjoyed at the idea of food in my hungry belly.

I rounded the corner without a thought and ran straight into a wall falling down onto my ass. I looked up only to be met with the smirking face of Braxton. I gave him a glare and just sat on the ground. He gave me a weird look.

"Not only do you take my phone and place unwanted things on it, now your shoving me. Wow, to think I ever thought higher of you." I said smirking back at him.

He let out a chuckle and holds his hand out to me. I grab it gently as his strong callused had wraps around mine. He pulls me up off the ground helping me to stand upright. I straighten out my clothes and smile at him.

"Such a kind gentleman you are."

"Gentleman my butt." He said pulling me closer to him.

"Hmmmm. I mean, if you tried you probably could become one." I said with the thought of him being one in my mind.

Suddenly I was lifted into the air and placed on his shoulder. I let out a shriek unprepared for his movements. I slap the back of his head making him groan and smack my ass.

"Dammit, I thought we went over this last time. Don't fucking slap my ass you dickhead." I said slapping his head again.

"You hit me first."

"Excuse me! You are the one who picked me up without my consent."

"Oh hush up, you're fine." He said with humor in his voice.

He began to walk away making me grab onto him for security. He wrapped his hand around the back of my thigh keeping me stable on his shoulder. It was high up my leg, almost a little to high for my comfort. You could tell he knew it was making me uncomfortable because he would keep moving it up a little higher. He bounced up, making me move and re-situate on his shoulder. His hand was now right under my ass and in my inner thigh.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked with a little annoyance laced in my tone.

"It's a surprise."

I could almost see the smirk on his face from here. I heard him rambling in his pocket until I heard him take his keys out. I looked around and saw that he was putting me in his car. He slid me off his shoulder and gently placed me down on the seat. I went to get up and out of his hold when he grabbed the seat belt and buckled me in, slamming and locking the door once he was done. He unlocked the car and got in, quickly locking it again.

"You little bitch!" I yelled secretly loving that he was taking me somewhere.