Kidnappings and Old Fashioned Dinners

He pulled out of the parking lot, not saying a single thing, nor looking in my direction. I let out a groan and sat comfortably in the seat.

"You do know this is considered kidnapping right?" I asked looking at him.

"I mean, it's your word against mine. Plus how would they ever find out?" He smirked.

"With my phone duh. I would just click a few buttons, bada-bing bada-boom and they would come speeding over here ready to arrest your ass." I said reaching into my pocket to grab my phone.

Not feeling it in that pocket I quickly reached around to the other one, not feeling it in there either. I looked in every pocket and didn't feel it anywhere. I quickly looked up and saw an amused expression on Braxton's face. He reached into his pocket and pulled out my phone, holding it up in front of me.

"Now, explain to me again how they are going to find out." He said smirking.

"Fuck you. I mean, they would definitely believe a sweet innocent, no harm causing girl, more than a notorious wanna-be bad boy."

"That may be true, but I do have connections throughout the entire police station. So your little 'innocent me' act would do you no justice."

"You fucker. Where the hell are you taking me anyways?"

"That is for me to know and you to find out." He said placing my phone back into his pocket.

I slumped in the seat not really caring anymore at this point. He drove for quite a while, I had absolutely no idea of where I was, so if he was kidnapping me, I don't know how to get home. Eh, I mean you can only expect for the worst in these kinds of situations. He could take me to some forbidden house or something and shoot me, leaving me there to rot. I mean, it probably wouldn't be the worst scenario.

He began to drive down a small dirt road with trees sheltering it on both sides. I looked over at him with a curious gaze. He either didn't know I was looking at him, or just didn't care because he paid no attention to me.

"You are going to kill me, aren't you?" I asked glaring at him.

"I mean, it'd solve a lot of my current problems. So not a bad idea." He smirked.

"Haha you douche-bag."

Eventually we came across a small little dinner. Any normal person would assume that people would be to creeped out to come here, but it was packed. There were a handful of cars and bikes.

"I brought you to eat, not to murder you." He said pulling next to one of the cars.

He parked and we got out, I began stretching my sore limbs after the long car ride. He made his way towards the door and walked in, me following suit behind. He found a booth and sat down, motioning to the waitress to come over.

It was a very nice place. There were many antique things all around, the booths and tables looked like they were from when my grandma was in her 20's. Each table was full, many kids of various ages, and quite a few older folks grabbing a bite for lunch. I was very comfortable, it brought me a sense of ease, at the general laid-back aura.

An older lady, who looked to be in her late 70's came over dressed in a casual outfit with an apron tied around her waist. Her face visually brightened as she laid her eyes on Braxton. She shuffled her way over bringing Braxton's face into her hands.

"Oh my, look at you. You've grown into a handsome young man. Oh it is so good to see you after such a long time." She said smiling brightly.

"And look at you Martha. You are looking younger than ever." He said sending her a smile.

That was probably the first time I've seen him smile instead of smirk. He must know this lady pretty well to be this comfortable around her. She looked over at me and gave me one of her kind smiles.

"And it looks like you've found yourself a girl too!" She said happily.

"This is Holland. Holland this is Martha."

"It is so nice to meet you dear." She said hugging me.

"It has been very nice to meet you too." I said smiling.

She walked over to Braxton and whispered something in his ear making him chuckle. She walked back behind the counter and began to help a customer. He looked over at me with a smirk.

"So, now you are on to old ladies?" I said with a laugh.

"No, in fact she is the one who basically raised me." He said smiling down at the table.

"So how do you know her? If you don't mind me asking."

"She was my mother's teacher quite a few years ago, they were extremely close, even after my mother graduated. My mom made her my god mother and she's always been a part of my life. My mom later on decided to work for the army, and I was placed into Martha's custody for quite some time. So she did most of the raising, up until I was about 12. My mother came back shortly after that, and yeah."

"Wow, I mean you really didn't have to share that. I know that some people's childhood is hard to talk about."

"You didn't force me to tell you, I wanted to. Now, what would you like to eat?"

"Whatever you would recommend."