Unhappiness Personified

Manuel
She had just blown my mind. I didn't realise that I had scared her so much. The bench began to shake and her sobs pulled me back into reality. I glanced at her. Her face was deep red with anger and sadness, her hair became static and stood upward and her mascara was trailing down her cheeks. Her sobs were so quiet that I hadn't realised she was crying until I had felt the bench shake. I went to put my arm around her when she pulled away. I watched as she moved quickly back to the house. What had I done?, I thought smacking my hand off my lap. Just yesterday we had partied with the gang, and I had introduced her to my parents this morning. "She's beautiful, Manu" my dad had said patting my back. My mum had beamed as she saw how proud Lara was of me. Within six hours though, I had lost my glory, my pride and my happiness. All because of something so stupid, yet something that had made me so angry. How had I not heard of this? It was all a lie, and it would shake our relationship.

I picked up our glasses and headed towards the house. After putting the glasses away I walked into the TV room and saw Snowy sitting on the couch. "Hey bud" I stroked his head. He groaned and sighed. I walked upstairs, searching for Lara. When I found her she was lying on the floor in the foetal position, clutching a jumper of mine. I lay down next to her and wrapped my arm around her. She turned to me, her face blotchy red and her blue eyes stained with black. I pulled her closer to me, kissing her forehead and whispered, "I'm so so sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to hurt or scare you..." I trailed off as I realised that this was our first fight and it was all my fault. She buried her face into my chest and sighed. Her body started to relax in my arms, and her sobs were slowing. I realised I had to tell her what was making me so angry, but she stopped me "You do realise your absolutely smoking hot when your pissed off". She giggled and looked up to me. I laughed," Oh, really?" Kissing her softly she smiled. " I realise I'm unhappiness personified... " she frowned. "What happened?"she whispered.I saw the concern on her face, but I couldn't tell her. Not like this.