Couples Retreat

Lara

It was good to be back home. We are taking things slowly, one step at a time. I was glad to be out of the hospital, the beeping and the nurses had gotten to me. After Manuel had collected me all I wanted was to sleep. He had carried me out of the car and brought me to the bedroom, the familiar scent of our bed made me sleepy.

I woke up the next morning. Snowy was sitting next to me and started licking my face when he realised I was awake,"Stop Snowy..." I laughed and pushed him away. I got up slowly remembering the pain. I heard Manuel talking to someone downstairs as I slowly descended the stairs. God I was still in pain. The doctors all told me that it would hurt but that I had been incredibly lucky.

Manuel

I was talking on the phone when I heard a crash in the kitchen. I jumped out of my seat to find Lara struggling to get up. I pulled her up when I saw that her arm was bleeding. She looked very unhappy. I sat her down on a chair and grabbed a tissue. "When is this misery ever going to be over?" She asked.

Lara

Manuel picked me up and brought me back upstairs. He pulled out two suitcases and filled them with clothes, "What are you doing?" I looked at him confused. He smiled,"We are getting out of here"

Manuel

I had booked a room at a spa hotel in Austria, it was just behind the Alps. I had to get out of here and so did she. "But where are we going?" She asked curiously. I smirked and kissed her forehead,"That's a surprise". I helped her get dressed and carried her down to the car.

Lara

I was super excited.