Logan

"Good afternoon sir, you have two cases today." With average looks, brunette hair, green eyes and freckles my assistant actually looks adorable, well like little sister adorable. I would never look at her twice because in my heart I'm already taken and fully committed to her.

"First option being a CEO is discovered of being in charge of a major chain of sex traffickers, wants you to make him look innocent. The second being an A list actress thinking her hubby was cheating on her, and takes things into her own hands ending up killing him. Also states innocent." Stopping to catch a breath she starts up again, "Also on the case of the actress the parents of the hubby are loaded, pardon my language, they are also trying to get you in their side to "bring justice" to their son." Handing me all the documents she asks, "So which one will you take sir?"

Knowing there is no such thing as justice or right and wrong in this business I ask. "Alright then, which one will benefit me the most?"

"Well there are two which you can benefit the most from. The CEO and the dead hubby's parents' cases."

"Alright then, I'll kill two birds with one stone." I grin back at her passing back one of the three documents she had handed me. After making sure I had the right ones and I didn't accidently give her the wrong ones. I head into my office closing my door to be in solitary to find out more about these cases.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Finishing looking at the cases I spin around and look out my window. Having an office on one of the highest floors of the building sure have its perks. Relaxing into my seat I'm about to go into a nap when I hear my phone ring.

"Barsetti"

"And the other Barsetti responding. How's your day sweet big brother of mine!" my sister, Jylen, responds me sweetly. 'To sweetly for my liking.'

"Okay what do you want? You never talk to me that sweetly unless you want something." I respond to her with a bored tone. Hey I'm actually bored right now.

"What? Can't a sister talk sweetly to her brother? Or ask him out to lunch on her? Fine then I won't ask you!"

"No no no its alright where are you? Where do you want to go for lunch? I'll drive you pay." I respond hurriedly, who can pass free lunch?

Jylen snorts, "That's what I thought, I'm in front of your building and you better not wear a suit. Wear something casual for once! So hurry up, by the way I'm already in your car. You have ten minutes' tops. BYEEEEE LOVE YOU!" Damn I don't even think she took a breath in all that. 'Might as well get changed in the room connected to my office. Good thing I put some extra clothes in that room.'

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Getting into my car I ask Jylen, "So where are we going because you know YOU"RE paying."

"What no 'Hello' no 'How are you'? Chessus Christ I'm inviting you to lunch!" is the only response I get and yes she still uses Chessus instead of Jesus even though she is twenty-three.

"Well if you don't tell me where we are going then I'm heading back into my office. Bye." I'm risking it since I know she wouldn't invite me out for nothing. 'She must be hiding something and for fuck's sake I'm going to find out what one way or another.'

"Okay, I'm sorry I'll start being nice!" Jylen shouts as I get out of my car. I snort and look at her.

"Alright then, were are we going?"

"The new cafe down the street." She mumbles to me.

"Well we are not taking the car. Get up your lazy ass and walk." 'Hiding something from me and wanting a free drive HA in your dreams!'

"What? Why?" She whines to me.

"Because you're hiding something." I respond to her coldly. When she notices she's busted her face pales and she gives me an awkward laugh.

"Nothing goes through you does it?" Jylen gives me her biggest, innocent smile, "But fret not I will tell you every single detail when we get there!"

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Walking to the café I get a phone call.

"Barsetti."

"Son it's me. Have you seen the files of the woman who I have chosen for you?" As cold as always my father's voice is heard. Seeing that I wasn't following her, Jylen turns around to look back at me. Seeing my face, she pales and starts fidgeting.

"No I haven't and you know damn well why. I have told you many times to mind your own business and yet you keep on interfering. I do not care if you are my father you will stop looking for women to be my girlfriend or wife. I will never accept them. NEVER." I growl out into the phone doing my best not to attract attention to me.

"Son when will you get over her? She could be six feet under ground or lying in a dit-" I don't let my father finish his sentence. Hanging up I see that while I was on the phone we kept on walking and are now in front of the café.

"Let's just go inside and order." I really didn't want to go in the café since I was mad as hell but her wanting to tell me something kept me there. I just try to calm myself down and wait. Waiting in line I check the menu above the baristas to see what they serve here. 'Well fuck me running they give you the option of putting vodka in your drinks if you want. Well I'm sure as hell going to get some in mine."

Jylen orders two sandwiches and a screwdriver and I just order a café latte with vodka. I usually get an expresso but hey I'm angry and I need something to calm me down a little also I didn't want to try an express with vodka yet. Going to a booth at the corner of the café we sit down and let silence do all the talking. Seeing me almost finishing my drink my sister starts talking.

"You know, you guys never talk without being at each other's throats. Mind telling me what did he say that made you angry, wait let me correct that, angrier than usual after you guys talk?"

"He's trying to make me go on a blind date. Why can't he get that I don't want to marry or at the least date those fake hoes he tries to hook me up with?" I respond clutching my drink making my cup wrinkle up.

"Well I saw their files in dad's office and some aren't hoes, fakes yea but at least they won't cheat on you. And I think I saw at least one that isn't a hoe nor a fake." My sister tries to enlighten the mood.

"Ha," I snort, "you know damn well why I don't accept them."

"Your heart belongs to a girl already yada yada." My sister yawns at me, leaning back on her chair she continues." Yea I get it but dude you got to get over her she left this state and who knows where she went. Remember the tabs you made father have on her, they lost her three years ago and haven't found her yet."

I'm about to respond when I feel someone's glare directed at me. I raise my head and search for it. I find a girl besides are booth glaring at me. 'What the fuck? Why is she glaring at me?'

"I mean I'm pretty sure Mia has a boyfriend by now." While she keeps on talking about Mia, my childhood love, and still my love. I keep on looking at the girl with an annoyed face. I'm about to speak to her when something catches my eyes. 'I-Is that the necklace I gave Mia five years ago?'

"Shut it, " before she can glare at me I speak first, "Does she look like Mia? It looks like she's wearing the necklace I gave her!" I grab Jylen and point at the girl not caring that I'm being rude. Before I can say anything else my sister turns around and looks straight at her. 'Yea make it look obvious that I was talking about her why don't you? Well technically I already made it obvious by pointing at her but fuck I am not taking the blame.' Making things worse and making me more embarrassed she calls out.

"Mia is that you?"