Mia

Yea um sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been caught up with school work and all. But here's part 3 so enjoy! I'll try posting a much as I can

◽️◽️◽️◽️

"Mija don't worry the house looks okay. And we have enough food and drinks." My mum tries to calm me down. I can't help but check everything again and again.

"But what if they don't like the food? That would be so embarrassing. Or what about the-" I'm cut off by a knock at the door.

"Here I'll get it and you try to calm down." Turning around she yells down the hall, "Emily they're here!" While my mom walks to the door Emily runs to the living room.

"They're here!" Emily shouts to me excitedly. Seeing her excited to see Logan and Jylen makes me calm down a little.

"EMILY! BABY COME HERE!" We both hear Jylen's excited voice from the front door. Seeing Emily jumping up and down I grin.

"Go on I know she's not the only one excited here." In less than a minute all you could hear from the door was really loud shrieks. 'Holly shit I think my eardrums are about to shatter!'

"Okay we get it! Now can you please stop before the neighbors call the police? It is an apartment complex after all." I interrupt the screaming. I just hope the neighbors really don't call the police. That would be another thing to worry about and I already got a lot on my plate.

"Ay Negrita stop worrying and let them be. They haven't seen each other for more than five years!" My mum tells me while walking Jylen and Logan in with Emily talking excitedly with Jylen.

"Ha Mrs. Martinez you still call her negrita?" Logan asks my mum taking the opportunity to make fun of me. He knows how much I hate being called that in front of anyone who is not my family.

"Oh yes Mijo I still do. She is still the darkest amongst me and Emily. And what did I say before about calling me Mrs. Martinez?" My mum says making both Logan and me feel embarrassed.

"T-to call you mom or Julie." While talking Logan turns redder. 'Why is he so red? He didn't have any trouble calling mum mom when we were younger.'

"Well I prefer to call you mum sooooo yea. HI MUM!" Jylen runs from where she was talking with Emily and hugs mum.

Speechless I just stare at Jylen. "How the hell does she have that much energy to do all that screaming and running?"

"NEGRA!" My mum yells at me.

"Que? Que pasa?" I ask in a hurry. The only time she has yelled at me so loud is when something bad happened and I responded in Spanish out of habit.

"You cussed in front of Emily and insulted Jylen!" She's almost to the point of her going totally bonkers angry.

(Gulp) "I-I Did?" I ask with caution afraid of mum. 'I do not want to see her angry side ever again.' But that is a story for another day. Hearing something muffled I turn around and see Logan trying to suppress his laughter. I start glaring when Jylen grabs my arm and spins me around.

"Yes you did and I quote; How the, you said the H word, does she have that much energy to do all that screaming and running? So yea and by the way," Jylen leans closer whispering, "I use sugar or you know that liquid stuff that you pour in water to make water flavor? Well I use the energy one." She starts walking away after giving me a wink. 'Holy fucking shit! Isn't that dangerous?'

"Mia! Are you coming or not?" My sister yells from the half kitchen half dining room. Kitchining.

"Yea I'm coming." I yell back. Heading to the table I see my mum and sis starting to join Jylen and Logan who are sitting at the table already.

'Way to go for first impression Mia,' I tell myself.

'Yea you always have been a sucker for bad impressions.'

'Yea and nobody asked you conscious so shut up.'

'Whatever you say darling'

Finally getting away from my thoughts I try to enjoy the rest of the evening.

Having moved from the 'kitchinning' we're now seating in the living room. Both watching John Wick and catching up on old times and what nots.

"So you're really looking for a job?" Logan asks

"Yea I just haven't found one yet." I respond, "It turns out that even if you do have the 'experience'. They still won't take you if it's not documented."

"Well that's just stupid." Jylen inputs, "They're just scared that you're better than them. But I bet you if you get even a tiny chance at working as a.... as a... Um... What is it that you do again?" She gives me and embarrassed smile.

"I actually want to be a lawyer. If I do good this year than I may get a bachelor degree and while I was in Mexico, I worked as a secretary to a small law office. But well they didn't write me down working for them so, yea, they didn't want to take my word for it, " I shrug. Thinking about it, it really didn't matter. Either way I'm probably going to have to work at McDonalds or some other fast food place since it's really hard to find a decent enough job. And I'll have to take a lot of shifts since I have to help out my family and earn enough money to finish my last year in college.

"Well we can't have that." Logan looks at me with a look that I can't quite figure out. "I know someone who is in need of a PA, he's also into law. So I don't think it may be any different to what you had to do as a secretary to that small business."

"Ahem," Jylen fakes coughs and stares at Logan, "Don't you mean that I, JYLEN, know that person since you only know him through me? And also since I bet you have never talked to before? Which I would also like to know how do you know about him needing a secretary?" Nosy as always Jylen goes on asking stuff.

"Well for your information. I actually do talk to him. And when I was talking about how much of a great help my secretary was he also told me that he wanted one, well PA. Since he had to fire his last PA for stealing company information and selling it to his rivals. Even though he has a secretary. He still needs help on some other things." Logan says while glaring at Jylen.

"Rivals? So what, is he like part of a big company?" I ask with amazement

"Not only is he part of it," Jylen exclaims, "But is the boss too."

"Ah big deal! I'm one of the biggest lawyers of 'Colbert Co.'." Logan puffs up his chest glaring at Jylen.

"Yea but, dude, BOSS is better than ONE of the best lawyers. So better get your facts right before trying to show off." Jylen says with a smirk.

"Oh mijo, don't worry you'll always be the best to me." Mum says to Logan. She brings him into a hug. making him blush.

"MOM WHAT ABOUT ME!" Emily whines.

"Yes and you too mi amor."

I don't even ask if she thinks I'm the best, because I know she'll say yes and then go on with a life lesson about always being the best you can be in everything and that I will always be the best, to her. Yea uh no I don't think so.

"Back to the topic. So do you want me to ask him?" Logan detaches himself from mum and looks my way.

"Yes! Please, PLEASE. I really need this job."

"Well if you want, I can ask around in my department if someone needs an assistant or something if you need it that bad."

"No, no, It's alright. You said he was looking for someone and well I don't want to bother you even more by asking around. Let's just take are chance and see if he wants me." I argue.

"Alright, I'll call him tomorrow."

"Again thank you so much Logan." I stand up and go towards him to give him a hug. When we finish hugging I head back to my seat, missing the blush on his face.

"I-It's nothing."

The rest of the night we just talk about the past. Laughing at old jokes and embarrassing moments. And future plans. When Jylen and Logan leave and head into the beautiful darkness of the night. I can't help but feel happy for having my best friends back.