47

Day 99

Zach

PHONE CALL FORMAT

Jack: *happy* "hey Zach! sorry i'm calling so late."

Zach: *wide smiling* "hiiii"

Jack: "guess what i did?" *eager*

Zach: *excited to hear* *thinks* "hm... i dunno. what did you do?"

Jack: *somewhat happy* "I got a new girlfriend!"

Zach: *jaw clenching* *angry* *fake happiness* "oh, that's so awesome, Jack."

Jack: *can tell he's disappointed* "you okay?" *disappointed in self*

Zach: *talks without thinking* "no i'm n- i mean i'm fine, why?" *mentally slaps himself*

Jack: *realizes why he's not okay* "i'm sorry." *genuinely*

Zach: *nervous* "f-for what?" *playing with fingers*

Jack: *sincere* "well, i know you wanted to meet me, now i have another girlfriend... that i like a lot. you know stuff like that. it can get awkward and it kinda prevents you-"

Zach: *interrupts* "n-no i... never mind." *swallows* "it's not important"

Jack: *sad* "if you say so dude. you've been acting weird lately." *knows why but ignores it* "anyways, she's probably the most gorgeous girl i've ever met. Her eyes, voice, laugh. god, i don't deserve her." *lying as he only knew her for two days*

Zach: *annoyed* *upset* "i said i'm fine. goodbye and goodnight, Jack." *on the verge of tears*

CALL ENDED

The brunette crawls up in his bed and feels his vision becoming blurry. He pulls the covers over his head, leaving a small tear streak on it. Zach clenches his jaw and chokes out more broken tears, leaning his head into the pillow. Soon enough, the sobbing was uncontrollable, he couldn't even try to stop it. Zach knew he was being completely ridiculous, but the crying wouldn't stop, even though he wants to.

"What am I doing wrong?" he whispers, causing a lump in his throat to ache.  "I-I felt like... like he was finally beginning to realize who he was. Am I not good enough? Does he really need another girl?"

He quickly went from shedding tears to worrying about how he could fix himself. Wrapping his weak arms around a soft pillow as tight as he could, and finally falling asleep in his own thoughts and dreams.

A/N: this stuff is pretty easy to write when you've experienced it before