60

A/N: why kookie's thighs so big it's slightly scary

Day 111

Jack

Jack was going to tell Zach today. It was scaring him, a lot. He almost said it last night, but he could tell Zach was awake. It's been bugging him for about the past month. As many times as he tried to deny it, it kept coming back. Although, he doubted he would return the feelings, he just wanted to inform the younger. The brunette stood up to walk to Zach's side of the house, more-so the couch.

"Hey, Zach." he made a small wave. His heart beat faster than he thought it ever could, he could feel it in his throat. "I um... I have to tell you something."

Zach looked up from the sitting area and raised his eyebrows. "Oh, well I guess I do too then."

"You go first."

"No you."

The elder sighed at him. "I'm older than you. Meaning you do what I say."

Zach put on a disgusted face. "Ew no. You're not my mom," moving from his position on the couch to take an apple from their fruit basket. Jack gave him a look telling him to say what he had to say first. Zach didn't like how Jack could control him like that. "Fine. I-I um. Shit how do I say this?"

"Just say it. I won't care." Jack reassured the other.

"I-well... I have to go back." the younger hid his face in his hands to not have to look at Jack, knowing he probably hurt him.

Jack's expression changed quickly. "W-what why? You can't go back there, Zach, it isn't safe." he started fiddling with his fingers.

The room almost seemed drowned out by the silence, until Zach spoke up again. "My brother. I left him there with that monster. I-I have to do something about it. And I'm sorry, but, I cant afford another plane ticket. You- you're going to have to drive me," he took a deep breath, "all the way to Dallas."

"Shit, Zach. Isn't that nearly a twenty-four hour drive? I mean I'd do it for your family, but you're sure?" the older asked, he actually really didn't want to drive for two days straight.

Zach didn't even take a moment to think about it. "Yeah, I'm sure. I love him, I don't want him getting more hurt. What did you have to tell me?"

The curly haired boy nearly seemed to sink into the ground, from embarrassment. There was no way he could say anything now. "It's not important." he shook his head.

This whole thing he had, was completely ruining his friendship with Zach. If you were to look at early texts versus how they texted later in their friendship, you'd clearly see the difference. They were too caring for each other. It wasn't healthy for them to be either constantly fighting, crying to each other, or acting like some weird couple. Jack hated it. He wouldn't even care if Zach didn't want a relationship, he just wanted a normal friendship.

"When do you reckon we should go?" Zach quietly asked while looking down.

Jack remembered he had to go back to school, and this would only delay it more. "Zach, I have to go to school. You do too! I haven't gone since before the day you got here."

The younger sighed. "I know, but I have to get him back. Can't we delay it by just two more day-"

"No, it'd be more than two days. I hope you know we'd taking breaks in between." Jack interrupted, giving the other a glare.

"Where would we go then?"

"Wouldn't we sleep in the car or a motel?"

"Oh."

The way Zach talked confused Jack. He wasn't showing signs of happiness, it was more a beg for help with what he needed. Of course Jack couldn't resist, after all, he was in love with the boy.