Resentment

Beyonce's Pov

So I did the show and now its back to Empire where I have to see Hakeem. He's been calling me nonstop and I don't answer the phone. I let Blue talk to him because I don't wanna talk to him. Like right now I'm walking into Empire and there he is.

Hakeem: Hey Bey.

Me: What the fuck do you want?

Hakeem: I wanna make things right.

Me: Things are fine. You get to see Blue and take care of her. Don't worry about me.

Hakeem: You are still technically my wife so that gives me every fucking right to worry about you.

Me: Get out my face Hakeem.

I start to walk away and he grabs my hand.

Hakeem: Please just hear me out.

Me: Hear what. Hear about how you don't trust me when I don't even cheat on you. I never have. I love you. No man on this fucking planet could change that. Not even our families can change how I feel about you. And no matter how many girls you are surrounded by on a regular days, I never did what you did to me to you.

Hakeem: Baby I....

Lucious: Bey are you ready?

Me: Yes I am.

I got into the studio with the girls and I was just happy.

Me: Hey babes.

Kelly: Heyyy.

Tiana: Heyyy boo.

We group hug and I just felt great.

Kelly: Ya ready to get this recorded?

Me: Yes.

Cookie: Let's work.

Cookie's Pov

I'm listening to to Bey, Tiana, and Kel's track and I love it but Bey looks out of it. They finish and Bey just walks out. Like she just looks done. I follow her and she walks into her dance studio and turns on her music. Finesse started playing and she started dancing.

Bruno: She's amazing.

Me: Yes she is. But what are you doing here?

Bruno: She said she needed a friend.

Me: Mhm.

Beyonce: Hey!

She hugs Bruno.

Bruno: Wassup.

Beyonce: I'm just chillin. I'm glad you're here.

Bruno: I'm glad you called.

Beyonce: I am too.

She looked at me.

Me: You doing okay?

Beyonce: Not really.

Bruno: What's wrong?

Beyonce: I'm finally doing what I should have done a long time ago. I am getting a divorce.

Bruno: Is this what you wanna do?

Beyonce: No but its what I need to do. There's only so much I can take.

Me: I understand. I still love you the same either way.

Beyonce: Thanks Cookie. And I love you too.

She hugs me and then lets go.

Beyonce: Imma go hang out with Bruno. I'll see you later Ma.

Me: Okay.

She leaves and he has his arm around her.

Bruno's Pov

I'm sitting here at Royal Chopsticks eating orange chicken and lo mein with Bey. She honestly looks so upset.

Me: Bey what are you gonna do about Keem?

Beyonce: I honestly don't know. While I don't want this divorce, I'm tired of getting hurt with every chance I give him.

Me: I understand. But yall have gone through so much.

Beyonce: I know.

Me: What does your heart want Bey?

Beyonce: Him.

Me: Then go to him.

Beyonce: It's gonna take time.

She said that and then we just left the subject alone.

Beyonce's Pov

I'm getting back to Empire and there's a party happening. And of course everybody notices me when I don't wanna be noticed.

Lucious: The beautiful Beyonce everybody.

Boardman: Sing us a song Bey.

Lucious: Just one song.

Me: Alright.

Cookie's Pov

Bey is on stage and she starts singing this song. Her eyes are looking in the direction of somebody. Hakeem.

Beyonce: I'll never forget feeling like I was no good. Like I couldn't do it for like that wack bitch could.

She's got people crying along with herself and Hakeem. Hakeem walked out and she kept going.

Beyonce: I loved you more than ever. More than my own life.

She's crying but her vocals are just beautiful. But the pain in her is very visible. Shit I'm crying.

Jamal: Well damn. I'm crying and I don't cry in public.

Lucious: Damn.

Beyonce: You could've told me you weren't happy.

Hakeem walked back in and she made instant contact with him.

Beyonce: See she's had half of me. She ain't even half of me. That bitch will never be.

She finishes the song and she bows, says thank you, and leaves.

I ain't ever seen her so upset. But I guess that's what resentment does to people.