Hopeless Case

It all happened so fast. Being at Derek's and then the Alpha pack showed up.. Again.. Only they left nothing to chance. They needed the upper hand. They needed to show they would do anything to have Derek on their side. But, he refused and it held consequences my father never wanted to face. They chose to hurt someone. Someone everyone became close with. That someone.. Being me. They wanted to turn me. So they bit me. I've never thought I would defect against the bit. I never thought today.. My birthday.. Being the day I would die.

12 hours earlier.....

"17." I screamed once I woke up. I laughed when my dad came running into my room. "What?" He asked. "I'm 17! It's my birthday!" I gleamed happily. "Ahhhh.." I screamed and ran and hugged my dad. He hugged me back. "Happy birthday. But if you scream like that again. I will kick you out." He finished pulling away. "You wouldn't." He shrugged and walked away. "Your rude." I mumbled but I knew he heard me.

Once at Derek's I was jumpy. It's just how I am on my birthday! I get jumpy. "Why are you so jumpy?" Cora asked. "Oh nothing... It's just my birthday.. No big deal or anything." I smiled. "Well that's a lie." My dad cut in. "She screamed 17 when she woke up. Very annoying." I crossed my arms. "And he threatened to kick me out." I shot back.
We talked for awhile. It was an amazing time there. Hint the sarcasm.

I left to go to Stiles. He texted me and asked if I could come over. So with a much need argument with my cousin Derek and my dad. I won. I played the, 'but it's my birthday' card and pouted which made both allow me to go to his house. I'm awesome!

I knocked on the door and I heard someone trip and then the door opened. "Did you trip?" I asked Stiles trying but failing at not laughing at him. So I giggled a little covering my mouth with my hand. "Psh. No! I was testing gravity. Making sure it still worked." I hugged him. "It's okay. We all fall on our way to opening the door." I pulled away. "Yet. I haven't mastered that yet like you have." I smiled and walked in. "I didn't fall." He pouted like a 2 year old. Childish really. Wait.. I did that not even an hour ago. Who am I to judge?!

I was at Stiles house for maybe 2 hours. We threw grapes at each other because we couldn't decide on a movie. Then we cleaned them up, decided on a movie, and then watched the movie(duh) and then my dad texted me. Saying I was needed back a Derek's. Weird. My dad never texts me. All that much.

Once back at Derek's house, it felt weird. Like someone was there and no one wanted them there.

"Dad?" I called into Derek's pitch black apartment. "Derek? Cora?" I got no reply. I turned on the light to see Derek tied to a chair. Cora laying on the ground, and my dad tied to a post that keeps Derek's apartment standing. My dad looked at me with a look that tells you there sorry for everything bad that has happened to you in your whole life. That look, scared me most. It meant something bad, maybe even cruel was going to happen. "Look who got my text. Or you dads I should say." I turned around to the person. Kali.

"Your cousin just doesn't seem to listen. No matter what we threaten him with. So. I've decided to show him my threats are real, and to spark my curiousity." She smiled, then became serious. "You aren't a wolf. Hmm." Then she attacked me.

It happened so fast. She attacked like the attack dog she is and then bit me. SHE FREAKIN BIT ME! "Let's see. Will she die or become just like you guys." Kali smiled. I groaned on the floor. The bite was burning. Every nerve in my body felt on fire. "You'll pay for this." Derek growled. Then darkness. All I saw was darkness.

I woke slowly. Everything hurt. I was on the couch. I slowly turned my head and I saw my dad pacing. Derek was trying to stop him. Cora.. Cora was whipping the sweat off my forhead. "Dad." I horsely called out. He stopped pacing and walked over to me. "Yeah?" He asked kneeling to face me. "It hurts. Everything hurts." I cried. He didn't say anything. I suppose that's because he didn't know how to reply. But I could tell he wanted a way to stop my pain. To make it all go away.

Scott and Isaac showed up. I guess they didn't want to tell Stiles. I screamed out in pain again. I turned over and coughed up black stuff. "She's dying." I heard Scott whisper. Then all hell broke loose. My dad started fighting with Scott. Like fighting fighting. Not just words. Everything was blurry for me. I couldn't hear everything they were saying but I did hear my dad scream. "I just got her back. I can't lose her." Thats when I blackout again.

Derek's P.O.V

She is dying. No one could stop that. But we all wanted too. "She's not breathing." Cora screamed when Scott and Peter were fighting and I was trying to stop it and so was Isaac. Peter raced over. I just stood there. She's dead. Kali killed her. Kali will pay for this.

After a while Peter began staring off into no where. Cora crying. Scott and Isaac whispering every once an a while.

Everything was silent. Nothing mattered at the moment. That is until we all heard a gasp for air.