Memory Lane. Such A Shame.

Slowly. Just slowly, I gained my breathing. I was alive. I knew that much. But I did die. So the question is.. How am I alive?

I slowly opened my eyes. The light from Derek's loft window hurt my eyes at first. But then I got used to it. I looked around to see my dad passed out on the floor by where I was occupying the couch. Derek was sitting at his desk, he had red eyes and looks as tho he hasn't gotten much sleep. Next I saw Cora. She was passed out on Derek's chair. Those were the only people here.

I slowly moved and stepped over my dad. I looked at Derek and shh'd him before he woke up Cora and my dad. I walked over to him and looked at what he was reading. "Boring." I whispered. He rolled his eyes with a tiny smile playing at his lips.

My dad sat up quickly. I smiled at him. "One day, you'll just have to face your fears. I remember you telling me that." I smiled and walked over to him. I sat next to him and hugged him. "What were you dreaming about?" He hesitated to answer. "When I first thought I lost you." "Oh." I hugged him tighter, thinking back to that day. The day I tried desperately to forget. Face your fears. Dance with your demons.

8 years ago.. Narrator P.O.V

"Dad!" Eleanor's yell ran through the halls of the house. Peter looked around the corner and saw his 9 year old daughter trying to find him. She looked a lot like him. He laughed a little when she tripped over her own feet and almost fell. He walked over to her. "Dad. I was looking for you. I know you heard me." She smiled. "I know. I was busy. What did you want?" He smiled as they both walked into the kitchen of the house. "Well you see. I was wondering if I could stay up late tonight to watch the stars. Please!" He frowned. "Not tonight. Some other night." She cocked her head to the side. "Why not?" "You know why El. Now go play with Cora." She turned and looked down sadly. She knew there was a full moon tonight. But she still wanted to see the stars.

Later that night Eleanor snuck out her window and walked into the woods. She was determined to see the star. Watch the dance in the night. Too light up the sky.

Everything was fine one second. Then everything went up in flames. Peter yelled frantically for Eleanor. But heard no reply. No even a single noise came from her. He thought she was dead. She had to be. What he didn't know was that she was never in the house once the fire started.

Eleanor heard screaming. She ran to her house to see it up in flames. "Dad?" She yelled. "Dad!" She yelled once more. She began crying. "This is my fault." She cried. "I'm so sorry dad." She fell to her knees. "DAD!" She screamed one last time. "Daddy." She whispered. "I love you daddy. I won't forget you." She chillingly stood up. She looked at the house and then up to the sky. "You'll always be in my heart. All of you." She whispered and then slowly walked into the woods.

She never gave up hope that maybe they got out. Maybe someone was alive. Someone to grow up with. She searched for 2 years before giving up. Giving up hope that they survived. To her. They all died in that fire.

End of flashback.

"I stopped watching the stars that night." I mumbled to my dad. He looked at me. "I started watching the stars that night. Thought of you every time." I smiled and laid my head on he should as he kissed my forehead. "I love you dad." I whispered. "I love you too El." He whispered back.