Chapter 2

"We actually live in a shack" I stait when we walk in.

"That is what Vice principal Nero said" Isadora says. Then I feel a sharp pain in my foot.

"Ow!! Son of a-!!" I yell as I  jump and grab my foot

"Crabs" Duncan starts

"Our shack has Crabs" Isadora finishes.

"Okay,I get that you two are Triplets and everything just, don't finish eachothers sentences that's creepy" I say

"Oh don't worry we don't do it often, we do this alot more" Duncan and Isadora say

"Okay I'll admit, that's even creepier" I say and we all begin to laugh.

"Guys there's dripping fungus coming from the roof" Isadora says. I sigh

"Great, another thing to deal with" I say.

"And I'm assuming that we sleep on the bails of hay" Duncan says

"Probably" Isadora says

"Well ladies first, pick a bail" Duncan says. Isadora picks the one to the right and I pick the one to the left, leaving Duncan in the middle.

"Jeez these walls are ugly" I say

"I wish there was something we could do with them" Duncan says

"There probably is, we out need to figure it out" I say, and start thinking of ways to make some home made paint to cover the walls.

"We better go to lunch" Isadora says. Duncan and I nod and we walk. When we get to the cafeteria, there are many tables that are about half full with children. There are about 20 or 30 in line.

"We should probably get in line, they might run out of food" Isadora says. Duncan and I nod in agreement. As we walk to the line, I am pushed by Carmalita. I fall into some other kids food and it gets all over my uniform. The kid who's food I fell into pushes me to the floor and I hit my head.

"You're so clumsy, stupid cake sniffer" she says and starts laughing. She tap dances away. Duncan runs to my side.

"Skyler, are you alright?" Duncan asks, helping me up.

"Yeah, I'm good" I lie. I'm humiliated. I look into his eyes that are filled with concern. Like he can see right through me. I try and take a step but I become very dizzy. Duncan must see this because he wraps his arm around my waist again, this time being to keep me stable.

Once we get food, Duncan helps me to the table. He makes me drink water to help with the dizziness. About half way through lunch, Carmalita comes over yet again. This time she starts chanting, Cake Sniffing orphans in the Orphan Shack, over and over again. And soon everyone joins in with her. I've eventually had enough and stand up.

"You say that one more time Carmalita, and I swear to god I will break your nose" I say. She smirks and just continues chanting. I storm up to her and, as promised, punch her in the nose. A few students gasp in surprise as she falls to the ground in pain. Grabbing her nose to stop the blood. I kick her in the side a few times.

Duncan and Isadora grab my arms and attempt to take me back to our shack. But I don't budge, I just keep kicking her. Duncan eventually just picks me up bridle style and carries me back to the shack.