FIFTEEN [ imagine ]

dear diary
[ anne shirley cuthbert ]

it was a gorgeous day in avonlea and y/n was sitting underneath a tree behind the schoolhouse. she felt the warm, summer breeze blow across her rosy cheeks as she smiled softly to herself. she raised her head and watched all the other students, telling jokes, playing catch, and gossiping. she sighed and looked back down at the book in hand and continued to write..

[y/n's p.o.v]

dear diary,
it has been so long since i have written. i have missed your leather cover and blank pages. we truly have so much to catch up on! i'm starting to second guess myself. right at this very moment, i'm going through my thoughts and examining my heart. ever since i was little, i felt as if i was different. as i began to get older, i thought that maybe something was very wrong with me. sometimes i see a beautiful girl and my heart is overwhelmed with such feelings that i 'shouldn't' have towards another girl.

what is wrong with me?

have you ever seen a person who has such pure beauty that it felt as if you were dreaming? red hair, blue eyes, freckles that covered their face.
an angel from heaven perhaps?
i'd say even a goddess.

anne shirley cuthbert.
the reason for my distressed heart.

such a beauty that even brings aphrodite to shame.
is it possible to be in love with someone who you've never conversed with?

love.

what a beautiful and strange concept.

one can only imagine what it would be like to feel her soft touch, to hold her hand ever so gently, and to feel her pink lips upon mine.

what a tragical thought.

[ no p.o.v ]

y/n closed her cherished diary and set it down next to her in the grass. she looked up and saw that billy andrews was observing her from afar. flustered, she picked up her basket and went inside, taking her seat and waiting for class to begin.

*after class*

y/n took her basket, and waved to ms.stacie before heading out the door.
with a skip in her step she followed the path that lead to her home.
it was a long walk and y/n needed to be home in time to help her mother prepare for supper, and help with her younger siblings.

"' anne shirley cuthbert. the reason for my distressed heart '"

y/n froze in her tracks and turned around, only to see billy andrews holding her diary. her heart sunk as he grinned smugly, making his way to her.

"want to explain this?" he asked, holding her diary in the air so that she couldn't reach it. "give it back billy." the poor girl said, tears welling within her crystal eyes.

"out of all the girls in class, you pick that ugly orphan?" he asked, chuckling softly,
"i always knew something was weird about you.." he continued.

"please billy, just give it back." y/n said in between tears. billy shrugged and threw the book into a puddle of muddy water. y/n raced over to pick it up as billy 'accidentally' tripped her in the process. he laughed before turning around and making his way home.

dirty and upset, y/n ran home, and went to her room, locking herself inside.
why did things have to be so difficult?

at school the next morning, y/n expected the worse.
but billy had moved on and was now picking on some other kid.
it seemed as if he could care less about her.

y/n took her seat behind anne and sighed to herself, wanting her feelings to vanish and never return. anne turned around and her blue eyes met y/n's e/c ones. a rose tint began to coat anne's cheeks as she smiled at y/n, "i have something to tell you later."

y/n nodded, wondering what it could be.

the end of class didn't come fast enough for the girls.
when ms.stacie dismissed everyone, anne and y/n were the first to get their coats and leave.

they walked in silence for a while, just enjoying the presence of one another when anne broke the silence," do you ever imagine what it would be like to experience a romance so tragical?" y/n giggled softly,"sometimes i feel as if i am already living one."

anne nodded her head slowly," i think i'm in love with another girl. but we would never be able to be together." "love comes in all forms." y/n stated. "and i, for one, am in love with you." y/n muttered underneath her breath. anne's eyes widened as she looked at the girl,"you..love me?"

y/n nodded as anne smiled.
"i'd like to share a tragical romance with you, y/n l/n."
"tragical romance and all.."
"remains to be seen."

a/n: hello my name is gAY soFTiE