TWENTY ONE [ imagine ]

a/n: dedicated to coreyshain_ and -benignancy because i know how much they love cory :)

[ can't you feel the electricity? ]
[ cory grüter - andrew ]

you walked into the apartment that you shared with your boyfriend; cory, as tears trickled down your face. you took off your heels and threw them to the side as you sat down on the bed and began to undress.

you had just experienced a horrible day at work, and your boss most certainly was not taking it easy on you.

why did life have to be so difficult?

you took your phone out of your purse and opened instagram; scrolling through your posts, looking at pictures of you before things became so complicated.

things just weren't the same since you and cory decided you were ready to tell the fans you were dating.

most of your dms were filled with hate and the comment section underneath your posts were absolutely unspeakable.

new tears filled your eyes as you took a deep breath and tried to steady your breathing. this was beginning to become too much for you to handle.

you walked over to your closet and pulled out your suitcase. you unzipped it and then went to collect your things.

you picked up a picture of cory and yourself on your first ever vacation together. everything just seemed so simple and wonderful then. when you were with cory; it felt as if nothing could harm you.

you truly did love him with your whole heart; but enough was enough. you felt as if you needed to go.

as you were packing, you heard the door handle turn downstairs and heard cory walk in. you could almost see the smile he wore on his face. he was always so excited when you got home before him.

"love?" he called out, walking around downstairs trying to find you.

you put on your best face and walked down the steps as you pulled your suitcase behind you.

he turned towards the noise and smiled happily. but that smile started to fade when he saw the suitcase you had.

"what's this for?" he asked gesturing toward it.

"i can't do this anymore cory. its too much for me to handle at this point." you said as you looked into his ocean blue eyes. he shook his head in disbelief as his heart sank," please don't do this y/n."

he came closer to you and you sucked in a breath as you closed your eyes. he put his hands on your shoulders as he leaned in closer," i will do anything to make them stop. just..please don't leave me."

you pulled away," it doesn't matter what you do, cory! they will never accept me." he ran a hand through his hair; quite frustrated," since when do they get to choose who i get to be with, y/n?!" you started to cry again as his face softened," i love you. and i will do everything in my power to make you happy. please just let me try to work this out."

you shook your head as tears fell down your cheeks. he cupped your face in his hands and placed his lips on yours softly. you didn't want to; but you gave in to his soft touch as his hands snaked down to your waist.

he kissed you as if he needed you and you felt the electricity burning between you both. he pulled away and wiped the few tears from your eyes, " it's going to be ok."

you nodded as he picked you up and walked upstairs. he laid you down on the bed softly as he got beside you.

you scooted closer to him and snuggled into his chest; listening to his heart that only beat for you.

a/n: HA THIS SUCKS BUT I NEEDED TO POST