4- What am I?

-Come on, little ones! The food is getting cold. - Aunt Iris called us out from the chalet's door. Luke and I were at the garden, taking care of our newly planted strawberry's bush.

Since Luke came to live with us, due to our common interest in gardening, we started planting all kind of different fruits and vegetables, even more than the ones I and auntie were used to grow. There were species that I've already seen in Earth, but also some new and surprising ones. For example, there is this tiny round fruit, lekker. Its yellowish green color doesn't look very appetizing, but its taste is incredibly close to chocolate. Not cacao, but really chocolate.

Think about it. A food that that tastes like chocolate, but it has a fruit's nutrients and doesn't get you fat. How much would this sell in my past world, I wonder...

Hearing my aunt's voice, I stood up from the ground. I shook my hands, covered in dirt, and turned to Luke. The ten years old boy was happily playing with the soil, a cheerful smile on his face. Five years after joining our little family, Luke has grown up lovely. Healthy and tender skin, flushed pink cheeks. Those big green eyes are always shining in joy now, and that previous bony body has gained enough meat to turn him into a wonderful hugging pillow. I smile at this scene and called him out.

-Let's go, Luke. Auntie is waiting for us. - as he came to me, I cleaned his dirty face with my sleeve, smiling helpless by the sight of the mess he had done. He rested his face in my hands, caressing his cheeks against my skin, like a puppy asking for affection. Oh, dear God, how much cuter can he be?

Together, we made our way home. There was a delicious smell coming from the kitchen and aunt Iris was waiting for us with the table already set.

-Go clean yourselves, boys. You're not allowed to enter the kitchen like that. - aunt Iris's voice was rigid, but fondness was evident in her eyes and she couldn't quite hide the smile at the corner of her mouth.

After washing our hands and faces, we could finally start eating. Today's lunch was composed of baked potatoes and a soft and juicy meat, more specifically, the meat of a six-armed monkey. Yes, monkey. The animal was commonly inserted in our diet because, well, it's really tasty, and it's also relatively easy to hunt, since the beast is spread through all the forest.

At first, I didn't know that it was monkey's meat. When I found out the truth, I couldn't eat meat for weeks. I was more chocked by its origin, than the fact that the monkey had six arms.

Well, by that time, I was already used to this world's strangeness.

Anyway, the one responsible of catching our food is aunt Iris. You would never guess, by looking at her delicate body and gentle features, that she is such an amazing huntress. It's also important to point out that light magic's utility isn't restricted to healing and creating sparkling butterflies. Concentrated light burns like a laser, as harmful as any fire, and a sudden bright flash can stun you or even cause blindness.

You could think that, instead of hunting, we could just raise our own cattle. Trust me, I've already thought of that, but aunt Iris is unable to eat any animal that she has the minimal contact with, even if we are talking about giant human-eater six armed monkey beasts.

She doesn't seem to care when she is hunting them in the wild, though.

The three of us sit at the table, talking about random stuff. As always, the voice you could hear the most was Luke's. It's almost impossible to picture him as the little boy who didn't speak at all.