6- Otome Game?!

I stared at him, completely immersed in the story. There was also this faint strange feeling, like I've already seem it before... But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't remember from where. So, I decided to just throw it in the back of my mind, and continued listening to him.

"And then God, facing the malice in His children's hearts, left.

At first, the Races didn't notice it. They were all arrogant and spoiled kids who firmly believed their Father would always be there for them, no matter their wrongdoings. But then, they started realizing their calls weren't answered anymore. It begun being clear the lack of a otherworldly atmosphere in the temples dedicated to God, which used to prove the presence of a high existence in there.

Many tried to deny. Many tried to blame the other. But everyone succumbed in silence at what we call today of The God's Final Verdict. The day that the oldest and biggest temple, built by the first generation of angels, collapsed, spontaneously. Like it was made of glass. Like it was made of sand.

The Temple was composed entirely by the world's strongest material, in a purposeful exuberance, a attempt to represente the mighty power of God. And one day it was just... gone.

Just like God himself, who abandoned the Seven Races and this world.

Of course, this all happened a long, long time ago. This is only a version of the story. No one knows the complete truth, because what we know now about that past is just a interpretation of old documents and some verbal stories passed from generation to generation. There are also another versions and it depends on the individual to choose which one to believe, according to what fits better in their own interests and world's views.

But it doesn't matter how or what exactly happened, because what we do know is that God never made another appearance, never granted the recent generations with His grace. Some say that our magic is the only recollection of His divinity.

Anyway, God had left. The Races were almost completely destroyed due to the long wars, and anywhere you looked, there was only misery. The leaders of that time realized that something ought to be done, otherwise, they might face extinction. And that's when the first attempt of a worldwide truce among the different races was proposed.

From that time to the present, a lot has happened. Another truces appeared and disappeared, some were successful and others not that much. Currently, the situation is under control. The countries are prospering, people have food on their tables and a roof above their heads. It's mostly peaceful and it's been some time since our last large armed conflict. And even though the Races usually don't call one another brothers and sisters, they are not trying to kill each other, which is already pretty good.

But the journey to achieve what we have today wasn't an easy one. At the begging, people were... hopeless. Desperate. So it isn't so difficult to understand that they needed something to rely on, and that's the context in which a new religion was born and quickly gained numerous followers.

The believers of this religion claims that God hasn't abandoned this world, but that He is sleeping. And that when all of the Seven Races had learned from their mistakes and achieved true peace, then our Father would wake up again and welcome His prodigal children once more.

This religion, that is simply nominate as True Faith, actually conveys a very beautiful message, of peace and brotherhood. Its Church is deeply immersed in our history, preventing wars and acting as mediator between two conflictual parts. Nowadays, although it has somehow diverged from its original intention, it is still a very powerful institution in our society.

However, although it preaches equality among the Races, it clearly excludes one group."

He looked at me, trying to sound my emotions. I could see the hesitation in those dark purple eyes. That's why I, instinctively, already knew what he was going to say.