| Questions| Chapter One |

🇦 🇷 🇮 🇪 🇱 🇱  🇪   🇧 🇷 🇴 🇴 🇰 🇪 
🇭 🇮 🇳 🇸 🇱 🇪 🇾 

PRESENT DAY

I am currently deciding what to make quickly and easily while putting the finishing touches on dinner. I prepared two distinct spaghetti dishes.
I have one for Christy, Mya, and myself. In addition to homemade meatballs and sweet Italian sausage, this spaghetti also includes onions, red, green, and yellow bell peppers, four types of cheese, mushrooms, and fully cooked ground beef that is simmering in my sauce with a generous amount of seasoning and sugar.
My fiancé, Darren, and Santi will share the second spaghetti dish.
Instead of mushrooms, they both liked their spaghetti to be topped with meatballs, shrimp, Italian sausages, onions, bell peppers, and four different types of cheese. The sauce and ground beef were also spiced with a little sugar.
In addition, I made a Caesar salad with black olives and garlic bread sticks on the side. I made a seven-up pineapple pound cake for dessert.
I used pineapple slices and cherries as decoration.
Santi entered the kitchen with a distraught two-year-old Mya and a guilty-looking Christy trailed behind them both, her feet dragging and her face filled with guilt.

"Ma, please take your child before I strangle her!" Aurora exclaimed passionately.
"What does the word strangle mean, Mommy?" Christy inquired, standing with her head cocked to the side and looking up to the ceiling, as if the answers would magically appear!
"It means I am going to wrap my hands around your beautiful little throat and cho--!" Santi begins to speak but is interrupted by me as I slap her upside the head!
"Ow!" Santi cried as her head jostled forward from the smack she had received, causing her to rub her head.

"Mama!" Shouts May as she grabs for me.

"Don't you dare speak like that about, or to, your sister," I stated, giving her a death glare as I reached for Mya, just as she held out her chubby baby arms for me. I took her and kissed her nose, then settled her comfortably on my hip.
"Why are you so upset to the point of wanting to strangle your baby sister?" I asked, then waited, foot-tapping, for her reply.

"I want to strangle her because she constantly goes in my bookbag without my permission and colors all over my homework!"
My fiancé Darren, who had just entered this melee, seeing the look on our faces, scoops his daughter Mya up into his muscular arms and whispers something in Christy's ear.
Christy looks up at him with her doe-like eyes, then nods her head in an up-and-down motion, letting Darren know that she understands. He smiles at her, then places a kiss on her forehead as he gently puts Christy down.
Christy swiftly runs over to Santi and latches onto her leg as she looks up at her. Her lower lip starts to quiver and shake.
While wearing the cutest little puppy dog face she could muster, her dark eyes began to gloss over, looking as if she was going to cry.
"I'm sorry, Santi. I didn't mean to mess up your homework; I just wanted to color!" Cried, Christy. My heart gave a little twist. I hated seeing her upset. We all did.

Santi hated it when Christy made the puppy dog face, quivering lip, complete with doe-like eyes, face at her.
She could never stay mad at her sisters when they do that.
Santi sucked her teeth, picked Christy up, and carried her out of the kitchen into the living room, where her book bag was.
She then pulled out a brand-new coloring book, along with a box of unopened Crayola crayons. She handed them solemnly to the child, saying, "You see this book?" Christy nodded her head in an up-and-down fashion, which meant yes.
"This book is your very own coloring book, and these are your crayons. You can color anytime you like." Says Santi.