work (Gavin fic) (p3)

"'Sup motherfucker!" (y/n) grinned, slapping the back of Gavin's shoulder as she approached the police station. "What the fuck is up bitch." He smirked back, voice having lost the sharp tone he normally uses. "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" (Y/n) smiled, punching the same shoulder before walking into the precinct.  The sun was bright and deadly, it was a perfect Monday for fucking up some shit.

The officer he had been talking to raised her eyebrows in surprise at their almost friendly banter. And her confusion made sense, i mean, normally Gavin and (y/n) avoided contact but this seemed weirdly friendly.  Since they were still insulting each other to their faces though, it wasn't that big of a change.  It was still noticable, though.

"Did something happen between you two?" the officer asked, raising her eyebrows and showing a little smirk. "No, why d'ya ask?" Gavin responded cooly.  The officer decided to just drop it, seeing as Gavin didn't seem like any less of an ass than he normally was.

"Hey, I want to talk to you. Meet me in the break room in about 15 minutes?" A gruff voice whispered into (y/n)'s ear, and she turned around to be met with Gavin's beautiful fucking gray-ass eyes. "Oh fuck yeah I will, asshole." She responded, an aggressive tone in her voice but a smile on her face. Gavin rolled his eyes, nodding slightly before continuing on his way.

"What was that about?" Hank asked curiously, taking a sip of his coffee and readjusting his chair. It was about 10:00 AM, and (y/n) had been having a chat with Hank as he arrived before Gavin interrupted. Connor sat perched on Hank's desk, his LED a calming blue. "Nothing, he's just being an asshole again like always." (Y/n) rolled her eyes, resuming the previous conversation.

When about 15 minutes had passed, (y/n) excused herself and made her way to the break room. If (y/n) had been paying a bit more attention, she might have noticed Connors LED switch to yellow. And if she had turned around, she might have noticed him watch her as she walked into the break room and closed the door shut.

"Okay, so what the fuck is up Kyle?" (y/n) grinned, leaning back against the counter. Gavin chuckled, beginning to make his coffee. "I was wondering if you'd catch that." He laughed, sighing as he reminisced on the good old days when vine was alive. He blew on his coffee, trying to cool it down quicker. "Obviously. You know, I didn't join vine at all. I was sitting there in middle school with NO idea what any of these jokes were, then in freshman year when vine died I watched a bunch of vine compilations and I was like OH I UNDERSTAND NOW and now I'm basically fluent." (Y/n) rambled, letting herself talk on like she would for anyone else. The author was self projecting a little bit.

"Ha, I'm older than you vine died in my sophomore year." It was nice, having a civil conversation with Gavin. "Dude, if we met back then we could have performed that one song in The Sound Of Music, uhhhh Sixteen Going On Seventeen." (y/n) said, turning to watch him take a sip of his coffee. He stuck his tongue out and made a sour face, finding it too hot for his liking.

"Didn't the kids who were in that song kiss? You want me or somethin'?" He smirked, looking up from his coffee into her eyes. "I want you... to suck a dick." She said dramatically, laughing at her own joke and turning to look away from him. Her smile softened, and her thoughts began to drift. Gavin took a sip of his coffee and, upon finding it satisfactory, took a large swig of it. He sat it down on the counter, clearing his throat.

(Y/n) snapped her head towards him, a light blush on her cheeks as Gavin freed her of her thoughts. "Hey, uh..." he said, noticeably avoiding her gaze and stepping closer to her. "What's up?" She asked, kind of confused at his actions. What was he doing? Gavin cleared his throat again, scratching at his chin. "So um, I've been thinking and... I'm just gonna do a thing. If you don't like it, punch me in the face cause I'll probably deserve it." Gavin said very cryptically.