The Fall of Voltron (S6 spoilers)

(Published July 28, 2018)

Feel free to give me ideas of angst stories you would would love to read.

~~

It was unlike anything the paladins of Voltron had ever faced

Fighting heir beloved leader. The paladin of the Black Lion.

Takashi Shirogane.

The corrupted paladin had them at a disadvantage.

A fight between both paladins of the Black lion erupted, far from the others. They had their own problems. With Lotor attacking, along with his generals and the undetected bomb placed within the Castle of Lions, they couldn't worry about the two paladins.

~

"Shiro...I know your in there! You made a promise once! You told me you'd never give up on me!" Keith yelled out, his body sore from Shiro's attack's, his voice hoarse and filled with pain.

"And I should have abandoned you, just like your parents did! They saw that you were broken, worthless... I should have seen it too." Shiro's clone spat, venom covering every inch of his tone.

Though the words stung him, he knew Shiro would never say something so full of hate. The Shiro Keith knew wasn't present, but that didn't mean he couldn't try to get the only person who sought to give him the chance to be more then what others thought.

"I'm not leaving here without you!"

"Heh, actually. Neither of us are leaving." He spoke with an evil smirk.

Lights from the galra structures changed to a rose-like pink, soon it engulfed Shiro's robotic arm too. Shiro yelled out in pain as he fell to his knees, electricity flowing off his arm.

"Shiro!" The younger boy yelled out, worried.

A large beam shot out of the robotic arms palm. First it was out of control, but didn't take long to adjust before aiming toward Keith. The beam slices through rock, tearing up the whole sight bit by bit.

~

Keith laid on the hard, cold surface. Hurt, sore, out of breathe... tired. His blade feet away from him. Without much strength left, Keith went to retrieve the blade, only to collapse on his stomach.
The sound of boots hitting metal indicated that Shiro stood above the tired boy. It seemed that Shiro had the upper hand in this one, his target in front of him, without weapon.
His eyes held only hate as he took the shot and swung toward the boys body. Of course, Keith being the stubborn one, failed to give up and in a matter of seconds, Keith was already on his back, blade in his hand as he blocked Shiro's attack.

"Shiro...Please. Your my brother, argh... I love you."

With those 3 words, his eyes widened, hesitating in his next move. Something switched and Shiro's expression held the same hate and lifeless eyes as it did before.

"Just. Let. Go, Keith. You don't have to fight anymore. By now... The teams already gone. I sought to it myself!"

Keith's eyes widened as part of his skin burned by the electrical plasma, radiating off Shiro's sword. (Arm? Sword? Arm sword?)
At that moment, all he could think about was that he failed. That he knew leaving the team was a bad idea.

Shiro took advantage of Keith's sudden stop of movement and grabbed his shoulder, pulling he boy up to him as he swiftly plugged his sword-like-hand into Keith's chest.

"Shiro..." Keith gasped, broken out is his short daze.

Shiro leaned down toward his ear, whispering in a soft, yet harsh tone.

"It's over, Keith."

Keith's eyes began to water, his vision becoming unstable. Blood leaked through his armor, forming a small puddle in the surface beneath them.
Breathing became more of a struggle by the second, not being able to move any of his limbs.

"I'm... S-Sorry, Sh-... Shir-o..." he coughed out blood.

The life in his eyes began to vanish, as the remaining spirit of his body drifted away. Keith's body fell limp, his eyes still opened, but help no sign of life.
Finally sitting down, Shiro closed Keith's eyes before sitting in silence. He wasn't joking when he said neither of them were leaving.
The surface below them shook, slowly starting to break into pieces l. Rock and parts of the structure fell and all around them as the whole thing started to crumble.

That was the end of the two
Black Paladins.

~

"Hurry up and disarm the damn thing! I don't know how much more we can take!" Lance yelled out, clearly frustrated.

The yellow, blue, and red lions, along with their paladins faces Lotor and his generals as Pidge, Coran, Krolia, and Romelle tried to disarm the bomb, Shiro had placed in the Castle.
With Keith not answering his com, they didn't know what to think. With both of the paladins that were once leaders gone and no Black lion in sight, they couldn't form Voltron.

"Nothing is working!" Pidge almost screamed in annoyance and fear.

"Where is Shiro and Keith?" Hunk asked softly, but panicked.

"I'm sure they are fine and on their way back right now." Allura spoked, Calm as possible as if that would calm the others.

~

Like baseball players hitting a home run, each lion fell. To them, all hope was lost.

First the yellow lion.

Then blue.

Last...Red.

As the lions fell, so did their paladins. Too injured to continue, too close to death to keep fighting.

Pidge and the rest wasn't able to disarm the bomb on time and he Castle of Lions was no more. No more Voltron. No more paladins. No more Defenders of the Universe.

It was just the Galra.

They won.

And the paladins with their fallen allies reunited in a place far away. Where no harm could some to them.

~~~~

(936 words)

Thats this chapter. Honestly as much as I hated writing it, thinking about it actually happening, I knew it would be a good one to write.

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Skittles out~