Seventh Wheel PART 1

⚠️ MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SUCH, PLEASE BE AWARE. SUICIDE ISNT THE ANSWER AND IM ALWAYS HERE TO HELP AND TALK YOU THREW IT IF YOU NEED IT ⚠️

Today was another normal day. Well, if living in space and battling aliens was normal.

The Galra hadn't been attacking lately, giving the paladins some time to relax, but if that were to change, they would be ready. There had been a feelings of dread and despair roaming around the castle of lions. The source of this dread and despair had been the least person anyone would have expected. Lance McClain.

Lately, Lance has been feelings very useless and as time went on, that feelings grew. Thoughts about negative things clouded his mind and it would all be triggered by even the smallest of sentences and actions. At first he just thought nothing of the feeling and simply ignored it. By now it was too late to say it was something.
Depression was what some called it. Others would just call it a phase, something that was only there for a small amount of time before it seemed to fade away. This "depression" took a huge part of Lance like it would do to everyone else.  Lance had stopped making jokes unless he forced himself to, he stopped flirting with Keith (since they are dating in this), and only came out of his room twice a day to keep suspicions at bay.

            Keith was the first out of the team to notice the strange behavior. He wasn't good with emotional talk, but always tried to talk with him. They were boyfriends after all. Hunk was the second to notice the changes in Lance's behavior whenever he asked to help and was rejected as well as noticing the decrease in jokes. Then there was Shiro. Being the leader and oldest in the group, meant that he had to make sure there were no distractions and that everyone was focused. He had spoken to Lance, but failed to get any information on the unknown problem. Pidge was last, always being too busy with her mission to find Matt and her father, she didn't notice as fast as the others. Sure she had a good relationship with Lance, but she didn't think that it was to the point where they could share emotional subjects with one another. Allura and Coran didn't completely understand what was going on. They assumed it was a human thing and kept to themselves.

         These actions made Lance think they didn't care, that if they only asked once it would make them look like good people instead of trying and trying again to fine out what was wrong. Of course Lance knew that Keith cared for him, but lately Keith had been pretty down in the dumps and it made him feel like he wasn't good enough. Just a goofball that is never taken seriously and the seventh wheel. That right there was enough to make lance crumble and give everything up.

          So there lance stood, staring at the reflection that stared back from the mirror in his bathroom. In his hand was a bottle of pills, nothing specific, but was enough to finish the job and make it as clean as possible. This was it, after all the pain, all the tears that were shed, and all the blood lost, it was all going to be over.
           The team was going their own things, so it would be awhile before anyone would notice his absence. It was funny, Lance was always telling everyone that suicide wasn't the answer and that life was worth living, but when it came to telling himself that, he wasn't sure if it was true.

So with that, he took all the pills, drinking some water to help it go down easily. Now all he had to do was wait. He didn't believe cutting was a way to cop, just isolating himself with negative thoughts was enough for him.

"Lance? Hey, are you in there?" An all too familiar voice spoke followed by a couple knocks on the metal door.

Lance's eyes widened, Keith wasn't suppose to be here. Scrambling around, he through the now empty bottle in the trash, moving over to the door. Unlocking it, the door opened, meeting the eyes of his beloved boyfriend. The violet eyes he fell in love with.

"Hey, the team wanted to do another bonding exercise. Since the Galra haven't been attacking, they want to make sure we weren't getting rusty or something. Was I interrupting something?"

"Uh, n-no! I was actually about to head out there to see what everyone was doing. Yeah, it's strange we haven't had any Galra activity lately, huh?"

As Lance spoke, Keith's eyes gazed around the room, humming to indicate that he was still listening. His eyes landed to the empty bottle of pills in the trash can. Keith's eyes widened, thinking the or the worst possibilities before frowning, not wanting to assume.

"Yeah- Hey Lance, did you just run out of that medicine?"

Now nervous that Keith was catching on, he had no choice, but to reply.

"Yeah! I've been having a lot of headaches lately. Lemme just use the bathroom than we can head to the team."

"Is it because you don't eat..?"

Lance's breathe hitched. Keith's head has now be tilted to the ground, his black bangs covering his violet eyes.

"What..?"

"I'm not stupid, Lance! Tell me you did not take that whole bottle of pills!" Keith yelled, hands clenched so hard that his knuckles had started to turn white.

"Babe, calm down. Are you okay? I promise it's not what you think."

"Don't you dare fucking lie to me!"

There was no use in trying to lie his way out now, Keith knew. He had his head up, tears streaming down his face. A face Lance never thought or would have wanted to see. Staring at his boyfriend's tears eyes, his chest tightened, knowing that there was no way from the truth.

"Yes...I did."

~~~

Woah, look at me updating. This is the biggest roll I've been on for a long time. Anyway, langst is finally here, after doing all the Kangst and stuff. Next part will be out soon.