Wattpad Edition Info

Wattpadders may navigate directly to book parts without viewing external content warnings or description, so certain information will be repeated here. If any reader wants to skip this frontmatter please use the built-in Table of Contents to navigate to either Zero "Epilogue" or One "Ordinary World". (Not everyone likes prologues.)

Blurbs and summaries are available in the "Extras" section which can also be accessed using the table of contents.

CONTENT WARNING:

Rated 'Mature' for some references to substance abuse and scenes of drug use, a few explicit scenes of sexuality, occasional strong language, and vampire-related blood and violence. Warning: references to attempted suicide and 9/11.

EDITING NOTICE:

This work is complete, yet due to editing currently in process from Draft 2/2.5 to Draft 3, there will be some breaks in continuity and narrative gaps until editing pass is complete. Chapter titles will identify the draft.

SEQUENCE NOTICE:

The Empty World s the anchor work of The Empty World Sequence and is a macroquel to both The Devil's Shadow and The Necrophiliac, encompassing their timelines and running parallel to both for many events. The three works are each told from a different point of view.

The companion short story From Limbo Straight to Seventh Street (available within the Thresholds & Reflections anthology) takes place during chapters 6-7 of this work.

PLEASE REPORT DISPLAY ERRORS:

Readers, if you see unexplained extra characters, images failing to load, dead links, extra or missing line breaks, or other possible display errors, please consider letting me know in comments. Sometimes cut & paste errors or multimedia issues have been noticed and can be temporary, but letting the author know can help get the work corrected faster.

COMMENTS ABOUT THE WORK ARE ALSO OK:

Readers are always welcome to read quietly and privately, but if a reader wants to leave  feedback, please know that it is welcome.

In particular, if any readers are musicians or someone who has studied Comparative Myth/Religion, it would be useful to know where different descriptive analogies, terms, or concepts would make more sense.