Holding On

{Chapter 20}
-2 Month Later-
Friday morning I woke up with a nervous feeling in my stomach. I don't know if it's because I'm hungry or because I was nervous about the OB GYN.

What if something was wrong. I honestly hope not. I shook the thought out of my head. Derek and I are going to find out the sex of our baby today and we're beyond excited.

My boobs are slightly swelled. I guess that's one of the good things about pregnancy.

Derek was still sound asleep next to me so I wiggled out of his embrace. Once I was out I docked my phone and turned on spotify as I entered the bathroom. The song Problem by Ariana Grande came on and I instantly felt like dancing.

"Hey baby even though

I hate you!

I wanna love ya!

I want you!!!" I sang along with Ariana as I got into the shower.

I switch the song to set fire to the rain by Adele. I have a dance to this song. It's a solo.

"I let it fall,

My heart and as it fell,

You rose to claim it

It was dark and I was over,

Until you kissed my lips and you

Saved me" I sang along with Adele.

once I was done putting on lotion I wrapped the towel back around me and existed the bathroom. Derek wasn't in the room anymore. I just shrugged my shoulders and went to grab my clothes and put them on.

I decided to go with an edgy outfit. I put on a white crop shirt (it's not a crop top) that has two palm trees on it, shorts, a beanie that says 'bad hair day', then to finish it off I put on white socks with my vans. First I walked back into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

"Sometimes I wake up

By the door, the heart

You caught must be waiting for you" I sang along again with Adele.

I moved my body along to the beat as I moisturized my face. For makeup, I applied concealer under my eyes and over any blemishes. Finishing I winged out my eyeliner just a little and the put on mascara and a light color lip stain.

Thirty five minutes have already gone by.

"It's as easy as 1,2,3

do you see what I do,

Truth or dare yes,

I double dare you! What do you mean now I think you got it,

one last breath and just spin the bottle now" I sang to Mariana's Trench song Truth or dare.

"1,2,3 now double dare me as well....

Truth or Dare" I sang along with Josh Ramsay the lead singer of Mariana's Trench as I did my hair.

I didn't wash my hair because I washed my hair last night before I left my house. I decided to do a simple hairstyle which was a French Braid to the side since I put on my beanie.

Once I got downstairs the lovely smell of bacon,eggs, and waffles filled my nostrils.

"Goodmorning babe and baby" Derek said moving around the island in the kitchen and walking towards me. He pecked my lips then he moved my shirt up so he could kiss my belly.

"Goodmorning" I smiled as I walked over to one of the seats around the island and sat down.

"What is this about?" I asked Derek as he returned in front of me with a plate of breakfast for him and I, then he turned of the stove.