↝ one

When Namjoon and Seokjin argue, Jungkook didn't know it could affect him this much.

But here they are, all sitting in their car while the leader and the eldest discuss (read: argue) where to have dinner.

It was a successful and fulfilling day, and Hoseok offered to treat them out to a meal. Problem was, where were they going to take up the rapper's offer?

Squished into the three last seats in the last row of the van are Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin. Youngest get the last row; figures.

But that wasn't the problem.

The problem was how loud Namjoon and Seokjin were being.

If Jungkook hated one thing, it was yelling. What was supposed to be a normal conversation could always be ruined when someone raised their voice, and the entire conversation could be steered in a whole other direction.

Essentially, what was happening right now.

Jungkook didn't know what to do in order to get his hyungs to stop arguing, and he also didn't know if he should even step in. The last thing he wants is to get yelled at.

So he does the next best thing; he keeps his mouth closed, shuts his eyes, and leans his head on Jimin's shoulder.

Physical contact, in Jungkook's opinion, always drowns out anything else that was going on. And that was what he needed at the moment.

But Jimin took it as Jungkook just being tired.

And that wasn't incorrect, not that Jimin needed to know the real reason.

Jungkook feels another hand creep up on his knee, and he thought it would've crawled up higher, except it just rests there. The hand on his right knee simply rubs for a few seconds, before going back to just remaining there.

Still.

Gentle.

Reassuring.

A reminder that he was there.

Looking over to his left, Jungkook sees Taehyung's big hand on his knee, sees the elder looking down at his phone, right hand texting something furiously while his face remains neutral. If Taehyung can see Jungkook out of his peripheral, he doesn't show it.

Suddenly, all noises cancel out, and all he can hear is how loud his heart beats at the sight of Taehyung. He can't hear Namjoon and Seokjin arguing, and he can't hear Yoongi mutter raps under his breath. It's as if everything around him and Taehyung has stopped, and Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn't appreciate the quietness.

Before the maknae can open his mouth (Jungkook himself didn't even know what he'd be saying or asking), Seokjin sighs and Jungkook's attention is now on the eldest.

"Let's go to the pork belly place," he settles on murmuring, loud enough for everyone to hear. Jungkook can't help but notice that the pork belly place wasn't the restaurant Namjoon was arguing for, or Seokjin.

"You mean the barbecue?" Hoseok asks.

"No," Seokjin says, turning around to look at Hoseok. "The pork belly place."

"That's a good pick," Namjoon comments, looking over at Seokjin with a small smile on his lips. "Good call."

"Wasn't my idea," the eldest mumbles, and Jungkook doesn't miss the way he makes eye contact with Taehyung. "It was Tae's."

Once again out of his peripheral, Jungkook sees Taehyung smile at him, and if he hadn't looked hard enough, he would've missed it. Jungkook also notices how Taehyung's phone is out of his hands now.