↝ four

To say Jimin was wary of Jungkook after that one morning would be an understatement. He was extremely wary and very alert of Jungkook after that morning. It didn't make the maknae uncomfortable, per se, it just made him more on edge. Whatever realization he had come to that day... He hadn't gotten over it. Now he moved very calculatedly in front of Jimin, and he hopes the elder doesn't notice.

"Taehyung wait," Jungkook calls, grabbing the elder's wrist. Taehyung turns around to looks at the younger boy, raising an eyebrow while also fitting his hand into Jungkook's.

"What's up?"

What's up was that Jimin was behind him, pushing through people and apologizing to staff as he tries to make his way to Jungkook. Backstage in the Music Bank building, Jungkook finds shelter in Taehyung's hand. And Jimin wouldn't dare butt into a conversation between two lovers. He's positive about it.

"You did great," is all he says, dragging Taehyung forward by their linked hands. "Really great."

"Thank you?" Taehyung says from behind him, and Jungkook doesn't even have to look back to know that the elder's eyebrows were furrowed and his head was tilted to the side as he tries to understand the sudden compliments. Taehyung was cute like that, always easy to catch off guard, and always easy to fluster. "Why are we suddenly walking faster?" He questions, nonetheless walking faster to keep up with Jungkook.

"I just wanna get this makeup off," the maknae mutters, peering over his shoulder. It's a bit too obvious how he isn't looking at Taehyung when he turns around, but the elder decides he'll ask Jungkook about that later. "If it sticks around longer, higher chance of acne, you know?"

Taehyung frowns from behind Jungkook, tugging on the younger's hand. The action makes Jungkook stop walking in front of him, and for a brief moment he panics about the fact that maybe Jimin would now catch up to them and question him, but that panic is quickly diminished when Jimin walks passed them without so much as a glance his way. He then turns his full attention to Taehyung, tilting his head lightly to the side in question.

"What is it?" He asks. He watches how Taehyung takes a few steps closer to him, and his heartbeat unsurprisingly picks up. It happened every time Taehyung comes closer to him, and he really thinks he should be used to having Taehyung close by now. However, he doesn't chastise himself about it too much, he rather liked the adrenaline it brought. Once Taehyung's forehead was almost touching his, the elder places the softest of kisses on Jungkook's forehead, letting his lips linger there for a second or two before pulling away.

"Acne or not, you're still beautiful."

Jungkook can't stop himself from blushing at the words, he feels the heat radiating off of his cheeks as he bashfully turns his gaze to the ground. He wasn't even really thinking about the potential acne, it was just a bullshit excuse, but he can't bring himself to admit that to the elder after Taehyung just reassured him so sweetly.

For the first time in a week, Jimin was pushed to the back of his mind.

His mind is currently occupied with how sweetly Taehyung was looking at him, with how softly Taehyung was holding his hand. Taehyung makes Jungkook feel all sorts of things, things he's never felt before. But one of the biggest things Taehyung makes him feel is beautiful. And he loves it.

"That's gross," is Jungkook's reply, smiling the brightest he had in a while. His teeth are bared and his eyes scrunch up just like his nose. Taehyung thinks Jungkook looks insanely cute at the moment, and he's tempted to smother the younger's face with kisses and love confessions, however they do have a schedule to keep up with. Perhaps they can both stay up until the late hours of the night and confess sappy sleepy words into the night air and wake up with stupid smiles on their faces the next morning. Yeah. Taehyung likes the sound of that.