II. No Friends Allowed

X.🖤

I sat at my usual table at lunch and stared off instinct space as I nibbled on the burger remains on my tray. This was unfortunately my favorite part of the day. I get to be alone and at peace without anyone bothering me while I eat. Not that anyone would bother me anyways. These motherfuckers see me as some sort of monster I guess, so they stay the fuck away from me and out of my way.

It's been that way since my sophomore year, but I'll explain that another day. Getting up to throw my tray away I got that strange feeling again. Like I was being watched. As soon as I returned to sit at my seat I spotted the girl from class earlier burning a hole through my face. She quickly looked away once I caught her. I wonder what the hell her problem is. Just as I was about to plug up my ears and tune out the world, someone sat in front of me at my table. I flinched a little. Ain't no way in hell...

Reagan.💙

Lunch time came around and I was somewhat anxious. I had a point to prove. I was gonna prove to everyone that Jahseh isn't what they make him out to be. Even if that makes me the craziest girl ever to try to be friends with him. While waiting in line for lunch I spotted him in his usual spot in the back of the cafeteria. His back was turned to us like it always is.

Once I got my tray I made my way over to his table but I was yanked into a seat before I could get there.

"Reagan are you sure you wanna do this?" Kellis looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"What do you mean am I sure? I'm gonna prove to you and everyone else that the kid isn't a monster. He's a person with feelings and obviously I'm the only one who see that..." I trailed off as I watched him get up to throw his tray away. We made eye contact and I instantly looked away.

"Reagan..."

"I don't wanna hear it. I'm going over there and no one is going to stop me." I say as I stood up. I took a deep breath before making my way to his table. I received all types of glances and stares from the other students.

"She crazy as hell for going over there." I heard someone say.

"Couldn't be me." Someone else mumbled as I walked past them. I had finally made it over to his table and without thinking I sat directly in front of him causing him to flinch a little. He snapped out of his trance and stared at me with a confused but shocked look on his face. His hazel brown eyes burned a hole through my dark brown eyes.

Like he was reading my soul or something.

"Hi Jahseh." I greeted him. He still stares but says nothing.

"I seen you over here all by yourself, so thought I'd come over here to keep you company." I continued. He glances down at his phone,then back up at me.

"Don't want or need your company." He sneered. My heart starts to pound out of my chest.

"Well...I felt the need to come over here and keep you company so you wouldn't be all alone." No response. I don't know why but I just found myself observing all of his features. He was indeed a good looking guy, who just needs a friend.

"I like being alone." He blankly said.

"Are you s-"