III. Lucid Dreams

The Next Day...

Reagan.💙

I sat in my 1st block class admiring Jahseh from afar. His hazel brown eyes could light up an entire room. The unordinary tattoos on his face which made him appear as some sort of thug. How utterly attractive he is when he clenches his jaw while staring off into space. I could stare at him all day.

He looks in my direction and we lock eyes causing me to keep staring... I was mesmerized. He smirks at me while I just sit there and gaze upon his beautiful face. And then he...speaks to me.

"Like what you see?" I most definitely do. I say nothing. How could I?

"Did you really just...speak to me?"

"I did. I could probably do a lot more if you'd wake up."

"Huh?"

"Wake up Reagan..."—

"Reagan!!!" Kellis yells snapping me back into reality.

"What?" I yell back,startled.

"The hell is wrong with you I've been calling your name for 5 minutes! You've been standing here for too long and your late for class!" She explains.

"Oh..." I trail off. Before she could respond I walked off to class thinking to myself out loud. I enter the room and the teacher immediately questions me.

"Got caught up in traffic." I lied. I make my way to the back of the class and Jahseh is nowhere in sight. Where is he? He'll show up sooner or later, he's always late. I wait and wait and as time goes by, still no Jahseh. I guess that led me to assume he didn't come to school.

The bell rings minutes later and I'm somewhat disappointed. What if he didn't come because of me? What if he's avoiding me? I just wanted to be his friend, that was all. I'm not like everyone else. Slowly walking through the halls trying to stuff my work into my backpack I bumped into someone.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!- Jahseh?" I scrunch up my face. He glances at me for a second then storms past me. I pause for a minute then follow behind him.

"Wait! Jahseh I have your work from class!" I say. He stops dead in his tracks just like last time and turns towards me. He simply just stands there while I did the same. He scoffs.

"Are you gonna give me my damn work or not?" He snaps making me jump.

"Oh yea...sorry." I apologize as I unzip my bag. As I scuffle through some papers I ask him:

"Where were you?" He ignores me. I continue.

"Well you missed a lot." I added. Still no response. Once I find the papers I zip up my bag and attempt to hand them to him.

"If you need any help, you-" he snatches the work out of my hands and walks away. Confused as to why he seemed so angry, I just walk to my next class. Maybe he'll be cooled off by lunchtime.

X.🖤

Walking to school today I was not in the mood at all. Everyone thinks they know me so damn well, but they don't know shit. They don't understand why I am he way that I am. Only I do, but sometimes I wish there was someone out there like me that I could relate to. I would call that someone a 'friend' but I don't have any.

I don't trust anyone with my secrets which is why my guard is so high, it's impossible to let down. I stormed the halls, still heated from the argument with Cleo this morning. She thinks it's so easy to open up to people and let them in your life but if she was like me, she'd understand that 'opening up' shit can fuck you up real bad.