Chapter 16

Joel's POV

During the inter-house sport, Red house was the first runner up, again. It was nice though. In my old school, everything was always dry. Zaria collected a trophy for MVA (most valuable athlete). Though we were the second, we were proud of it. I also aced my first term results. Well, except for chemistry. I had a B but it was okay. I would do better next term.

Gradually, I was loving the school every single minute. Everything was way different from my old school or my old friends...or Tiana.

My mind wandered back to Tiana. I wouldn't exactly say she was my first love, I haven't exactly falling in love before, but I really liked her. She was my very first girlfriend. I trusted her and cared about her but she just had to cheat on me with my ex-best friend.

Before I started to date her, Ansa, a friend, told me that she's not a girl that stays in a long time relationship, that she preferred to be friends with benefits. When I talked to her about it, she said she was willing to change because she was in love with me.

Our relationship wasn't all that rosy. She got jealous easily if she saw me with any other girl. She tried severally to talk me into have sex with her. I told her I wasn't that kind of guy, at least not in my very first relationship, though severally, I got tempted.

***

I dashed downstairs immediately I got a call from Tiana. She is really Ill. When I got down, I saw mum setting the table for lunch. She looked up when she heard footsteps.

"Where are you off to, Joel?" She asked. I started to look for an excuse. Mum never approved of  me and Tiana's relationship ever since Mum met her. Anytime I wanted to go to Tiana's, I would have to lie to my own mum.

"Tolu and I have a project to do so I'm going over  to his house." I replied.

"Okay. Won't you have lunch?" She asked again.

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks mum." I kissed her cheek and walked out of the house. I walked out of the estate and took a taxi to her house.

When I got there, there was no one at home so I let myself in.

"Tiana." I called.

"Up here." Her voice came from upstairs. I knew she wanted me to come to her room. Anytime I realize we would be the only ones in the house, I try not to be in the room alone with her. But now she's not feeling well. I guess I will have to go upstairs.

I ascended the stairs and came to the front of her door. I knocked and a faint "come in" replied. I exhaled as I opened the door. I saw her lying on the bed, the duvet up to her neck. I went to her and sat by her side.

"Are you okay?" I placed the back of my palm on her forehead. She didn't have a temperature but not everyone has it when they are ill.

"I'm really feverish." She said, her lips chattering.

"Is there anything you need. I can quickly make you chicken pepper soup." I intertwined my finger with hers and brought it to the back of my lips to kiss it.

"No, I'm fine. I just need you beside me." She replied with a smile. I smiled back. She made to sit up and I helped her. The duvet fell from her neck and I widened my eyes.

Good Lord!

She was on a loose, strapless top and obviously she wasn't wearing a bra. Tiana was endowed, there was no argument about that. Her tits were pointing out of the light material, practically teasing me. I cleared my throat and looked away.