Blood Test- Thaiyo

It has been a week since Thaiyo got sick and he hasn't been any better. He got a fever, itchy throat, no appetite, bad headaches, sleepless nights and his stomach has been aching. Everyone in the family were concerned because he is really sick.

Zoe: Guys, what are we going to do with Thaiyo? I'm sure he hasn't got his flu shot back in Australia before we come here.

Raphael: Take him to the hospital?

Luke: But kids, he refused to go to the hospital.

Zoe: But nothing is helping him in here so it's better to take him to the hospital.

Calum: You know what? Let's do it.

Raphael went to the bunks where Thaiyo is sleeping in. He was sweating buckets and he's paler than his usual tan skin.

Raphael: Thaiyo, bud wake up.

Thaiyo: Raphael what is it?

Raphael: We have to take you to the hospital, your illness is serious now.

Thaiyo: But I don't wanna go, I'll be fine I promise.

Raphael: (sighs) You didn't get your flu shot before you come here c'mon.

Thaiyo: Fine.

The oldest picked up the youngest who is as light as a feather(well he is throughout his whole life because his weight is not on average) and went out of the bunks area. They went to the hospital and Ashton signed up an appointment for the young Japanese boy. As soon as his name was called, they all stood up and went into the doctors office.

Dr. Lim: So I will check what's wrong with Thaiyo so what seems to be the problem?

Ashton: He's experiencing flu symptoms because before we come here, we made sure all of the kids take their flu shots but he refused.

Dr. Lim: Did you check his temperature yet?

Everyone: (shakes head for no)

Dr. Lim: Then let me check(puts thermometer on Thaiyo's ear) 39.6°C that's quite a fever. Let me draw some blood to see what's wrong.

Raphael: I used to do that before.

Zoe: Really? Since when?

Raphael: Back in Australia I got sick like him and-

Raphael's conversation with Zoe was cut off because they both saw fear in Thaiyo's eyes. The oldest jumped into action as he tried to confort Thaiyo.

Raphael: Thaiyo, calm down she would just draw some blood.

Thaiyo: But I'm scared.

Raphael: Just look at me okay?

Thaiyo: (nods)

The doctor rolled Thaiyo's sleeve of his hoodie and placed an elastic band on his upper arm. She soon felt for vein(or artery) until she found one. She placed a syringe on that vessel and took it out after getting the blood.

Thaiyo: Is it done?

Raphael: I believe so you can look at it now.

Thaiyo: (sighs) Thank god it's done.

Dr. Lim: Okay so I will see what's wrong and I will call you if I have found the results.

Ashton: Thanks doc, c'mon guys.

As they went home, Thaiyo went to bed immediately. He was so tired and so sick he needs someone to sleep with him that night. Everyone knows he was clingy when he's sick just because he's the youngest. The next day, Calum got a call from the doctor about the results of Thaiyo's blood test.

In the call... 📱📱📱📱📱📱📱

Calum: Hello?

Dr. Lim: Hi this is Dr. Lim, can you hand the phone to Ashton?

Calum: Okay, sure.

Hold... ☎☎☎☎☎☎☎☎☎☎

Calum: Ash, Ash it's the doctor.

Back to the call... ☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏ ☏☏

Ashton: Hello?

Dr. Lim: Hi can you come to my office, we need to have an appointment for Mr. Thaiyo Kido.

Ashton: Okay, see you in the office.

Dr. Lim: Okay bye.

Ashton: Bye.

Hangs up... 📲📲📲📲📲📲

Ashton: Guys, you have to get ready, we need to see the doctor.

Zoe: Okay, c'mon guys.

They all went to the doctor's office as the doctor told them the results of the blood test.

Dr. Lim: Okay so the results are here in this form and also Thaiyo got the Flu and you told me that he hasn't got his Flu Shot right?

Ashton: Yeah.

Dr. Lim: So I will give him the shot and it would be in his stomach.

Thaiyo: What?

Raphael: Thaiyo calm down okay? This is for your own good.

Dr. Lim: So Thaiyo, I need you to lay down on this examination bed so that I can do your shot.

Thaiyo: (starts to panic) Raphael I'm scared.

Raphael: I know sunshine(Thaiyo is Japanese for 'sun' so he called him 'sunshine' sometimes) but you aren't feeling any better so can you please listen to the doctor?

Thaiyo: (nods)

Dr. Lim: Alright, look at your friend Thaiyo.

(The doctor gave Thaiyo a shot)

Dr. Lim: It's done now, you can open your eyes.

Thaiyo: (gasps)

Raphael: It's alright my little sunshine(This part has one of the lyrics of my childhood song, 'You Are My Sunshine' and I made Raphael say that because that was sweet) it's done now.

Dr. Lim: So if Thaiyo isn't feeling better by a few days, you can either see me again or go to another hospital.

Ashton: Thanks doctor, guys let's go.

After a few days, Thaiyo came back to his happy energetic self. Now the shows are able to go on and everything was perfect.