C H A P T E R T W O: connection

tryin' to disconnect, thinking maybe you could show me

if there's so many people here, then why am i so lonely?

********************************************

Manik's POV:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I jerk awake due to the harsh noise erupting from my demonic alarm clock. I sit up on the edge and try to keep my sleepy eyes. My alarm is still blaring in my ears, starting to make me have a headache.

"MUMMA!"

I hear no response. I pout.

I hate this dummy alarm clock!

"MUMMAAAA! DADDDDD, please!"

I hear steps coming towards my room and cross my arms, showing my annoyance towards the two who are finally entering my room.

"Aww... Is my baby finally awake?," gushes my Mom, Nyonika Malhotra. She is the best mom in the world. Never making me feel like a burden... A burden you ask?? You all will find out later...

She walks over to my alarm and finally makes it quiet. Hmm... That alarm is blah! But I remember I am upset at her so I don't smile. I show her a scowl and turn my head in the other direction.

"Is Papa's Prince mad at his Mom and Dad?," questions my Dad, poking my sides causing me to giggle uncontrollably. My Papa, Raj Malhotra, is my superhero. He is a real sweetheart and always makes me laugh at his antics. He and Mumma love me so much and they are very in love with each other

"Daddd... Stop! Stop! Hahahaha! Manik not mad at you nor Mumma... Swear! Manik promish please!"

"Are you sure bacha? I can keep on tickling you if you are just saying."

My dad having his Cheshire grin plastered on his face. I make a crying face towards Mumma and she slaps Dad, making him stop tickling me.

"Stop harassing my baby!"

She hugs me and I melt into her. Manik loves Mumma!

"Manik loves Mumma," whisper into her ear. She giggles and responds.

"Manik's Mumma loves Manik as well. So much mera bacha!"

"Don't forget Dad!"

I hug him as well and sigh happily. We stay in the hug for a little until Dad breaks the hug.

"Okay Champ! It is time to get ready for college. It is our prince's first day today!"

"My baby is growing up... I think I might cry"

I instantly shoot up and hold onto Mumma.

"Mumma sad Manik is going to college? Baby no go if Mumma cry. Manik no grow up. Manik stay Mumma's baby."

"Aww, my baby. These are happy tears! And you will always be Mumma's baby, trust me. But now it is time for our Prince to get ready. It is a big day for him!"

"Ok Mumma. Ok Dad. You guys go downstairs, please. Eat breakfast please."

Mumma and Dad nod and leave my room, while I rush to my bathroom to get ready. I step out of my bathroom ready and walk over to the mirror to style my hair.

Manik looks good today. Manik might make more friends besides just Navy and Arya!

I look closely into the mirror and begin to reflect. I am 19 years old, tall, lean, and fit. I look like the perfect jock.

You are no jock, you weirdo. You are like a ten-year-old trapped in a teenagers body.

I close my eyes and put my hands over my ears, trying to stop my thoughts from giving me more anxiety. Yes, I am different. I have mild autism spectrum disorder. It is why I often say my name and repeat phrases. I also cannot sit still because of my ADHD. My autism is also why I have anxiety. My parents discovered my disorder when I was 2, through my developmental skills, and because of that revelation, my parents never had any other kids - I needed more attention than the average child (thus why I am so close to my amazing parents). The doctors said my brain function is normal, actually better than the average brain. It is just hard for me to express myself at times, and that causes other people to think that I am a freak when really I am a normal person. I eat, breathe, think, am the same as everyone else. Just a few small things I have besides those make me unique. I am blessed with an amazing family and great best friends and that is why I work hard to be such a good student and try to combat my autism. The doctors say I have been steadily improving - in my childhood I used to scream my head off at home. The doctors say I just need a connection, a drive - what that drive is... They have no clue. My phone rings and Connection by OneRepublic plays.

Can I get a connection?

Real friends, good friends, hard to find, let's face it

Find the perfect tone and there's a flood in the basement

I am lonely. No one realizes how exactly it feels- being trapped and unable to express yourself at times. That is why I crave that connection. I shake my head at my thoughts and pick up my phone.

"MANIK! It is the day! Can you believe it?!"

"H-Hi Navy. How are you, please?"

"I am amazing best friend! How are you doing buddy?"

"Manik doing great too! Manik excited for college, but Manik doesn't want to leave Mumma please."

Another voice cuts from the phone.

"Don't worry champ! Nyo Ma will be fine without her baby. She is happy you are going to college. She is also not worried since we, your best buddies, are going to be with you each step of the way!"

"Hi Arya! You are right. Manik no worry about Mumma. Dad will be with her. Manik excited again! We are going to have so much fun, please!"

They both laugh at my excitement and let me know that they are waiting outside for me. I jump up in excitement and rush down the stairs. I grab one of Mumma's muffins, kiss Mumma on the cheek, hug Dad, and let them know I am leaving since Arya and Navy are there.

"Have fun, my baby! Be careful! Enjoy your first day! Make more friends! Love you!"

"Be safe champ! Good luck! Love you!"

"B-Bye! Love you!"

I run outside the door and see Navy waving in the car. I get in the car and give my best friends hugs. Then we start our journey.

Off to SPACE ACADEMY!

********************************************

Ooof I couldn't sleep and really wanted to update. Were you all shocked with the twist I put with Manik!? What he has actually does affect many people, and it is most definitely not a bad thing. Hyyyeeee Manik is so cute, so innocent. I love my baby! Did you like his bond with everyone? Please comment below and give this update a star! I want at least 10 comments before I post the next section just so I get feedback... I am anxious about whether you all like this or not lmao.. Thank you guys for reading this so far! I hope you liked learning about Manik.. Until next time! Love you guys (and pls vote and comment.. I really want to talk to you guys...)

  ♥ Reena