Chapter Forty One

|Forty-One|

|Jesse|

It took longer than thirty minutes for Luxinia to wake up. I was forced to tie her to my bed using metal cuffs around her wrists. We also needed those giant chains used for Jeep winches in order to keep her at bay. Only time will tell to see if she would break them or not. I kept the tranq gun at my hip just in case she lost control. She was awake and thought I didn't know that she was. I had taken a shower and while I was getting dressed, I heard her breathing rate become quicker. I turned to her as I put my shirt on and noticed she still kept her eyes closed. 

I frowned, knowing I wasn't messing with the Lux I was used to. She didn't kill me before because we were under Bloodtrei's control. Nothing was stopping her from killing me now and I needed to be cautious. It took a lot to remind myself of that, especially when I showed her my vulnerable side. She would try to exploit that. I would have to become Storm's persona instead of the Jesse she was slowly getting used to. 

"I know you're awake," I sighed, walking over to the chains and making sure they were tight. I couldn't take any chances. I had a small window to bring her back to her normal state before she would succeed in killing me. If she got free, I wouldn't fight her.

Luxina opened her eyes and glared at me. "Where am I?"

"My room," I said simply, sitting at the end of the bed.

Luxinia started to struggle against the bindings viciously. "Get me out now."

"You'll kill me."

She nodded. "That's a promise."

"Can't happen, love. At least not right now. Tell me what you feel about me right now."

"I wish to rip your throat out," She snapped as she struggled more.

I couldn't help but become turned on at seeing her helpless and struggling. Especially when it made her shirt ride up exposing her soft pink flesh. Looking away, I stood and walked away.

"So what's your big grand plan? You're gonna talk about all the fond memories we had in order for me not to want to kill you?" Lux antagonized. She simpered low, "I can tell you right now that won't work. It'll be like Seres all over again."

I turned to her, my body tense. "Don't you bring her up. You're trying to break my defenses as well. It won't work."

"Then what are you going to do huh? We can't stay here forever. C'mon Jesse, do it. Let me free. You know I won't hurt you," She snickered.

It was almost as if she was possessed by a different being. The demeanor around her shifted, becoming more dangerous than I thought it would be. Lux was biding my time, waiting for me to make a mistake. And if I let her get to me quickly, then I would surely make one. I approached her quickly and felt my anger peak a bit. My hand was around her throat and I leaned in closely. My lips were inches from hers. 

"Now, Lux. We've shared some things between us and if you think I won't do things you won't like then you're wrong. If I can't talk it out of you, I'll fuck it out of you."

|-=-=-|

|Luxinia|

My heart stopped when those words left his mouth. Did he want to die? If he thought he would touch me against my will then I would for sure kill him. My eyes settled with his. There was something desperate deep inside Jesse's eyes. I knew this was hurting him. He did truly care for me and especially since he didn't allow himself to get close to a woman and reveal his true self after Seres died. He was softer than anyone thought.