Chapter 4 "A precious time"

The well being sensation Candy was feeling by having her little girl in her arms was incomparable! She had never felt something so strong in her life. She didn't want to let go of the little one, but she had to do it. Otherwise she was going to scare her. She let go of her with regrets.

- What's the name of your stuffed animal? Asked Candy.

- Well... Winnie!

Of course... she knew it, but she was still a little overwhelmed...

- Ah! In that case, he must love honey!

- Me too.

Candy burst out laughing.

- Do you have honey for breakfast or for snack?

- We put some on our toast. But sometimes Mrs. Smith burns the toast. I don't like the black parts, it's bitter.

The funny face the child made had Candy smile...

- We are going to get along great, I'm sure of it.

- You're going to tell me stories before I go to bed? Daddy always tells me one when he's there.

"Daddy". She was talking about him with so much love. Candy looked down: she was upset at herself for being uneasy by hearing about her husband. In the future, she will pay attention. And she was starting think that her mother was right. Esther loved her father a lot...

- Of course. Can you show me where the kitchen is? Mrs. Smith made a meal for me.

Together, they went down the stairs to the lobby. Candy had a nice evening. Mrs. Smith had served her meal in alcove, a little room next to the kitchen, with flowered wallpaper. Esther was telling her stories about her stuffed animal. She told her about her new sled and her greatest desire, a new pair of ice skates.

- Daddy is going to bring some for me, maybe. I hope he didn't forget.

She talked a lot about her daddy... after the meal, the little one gave her the tour of the house. They started with the storage room, where the skis where kept.

- Do you know how to ski? Asked Candy.

- Yes, I go skiing with daddy! She said proudly.

She talked a lot about her Terry with so much love. Candy's heart was ripped. She loved her daughter and she was starting to ask herself if she could take her from her father... Probably not! Her mother knew that her mummy's heart was going to speak to her once she was on location! But Terry has lied ot her! He had hidden her baby from her! She looked at Esther and her heart was melting! Oh my God! Where was all her good resolutions?