Chapter 12, "The nosey parker"

Eliza Legan was at the manor where the great aunt Elroy lived when she surprised a conversation between two maids.

- Have you heard the latest?

- No, what is it?

- I heard Esther's new nanny got it on with her father!

- No! He finally succumbed! He's been unfaithful to his princess?

- She left four years ago! I say it's about time!

- What about the little one?

- She was sick last night and she asked for the nanny who wasn't there. He sent a private jet to go get her in New York! Do you realise that?

- So she can back for the little one and took advantage of the situation to seduce her father when he was vulnerable... She played her cards right!

- Are you sure about that?

- She spent the night in his room!

- The lucky girl! I also want to be a nanny and get it on with Master Terrence...He's so handsome!

- And it had been a while since his own wife had left, that he hadn't been with a woman, at least in his manor...

- I heard the queen of mean tried to seduce him in vain. And little Esther doesn't like her!

- The little angel probably felt she was a demon and she wanted to replace her mother...

They burst out laughing good heartily. The two maids shut up when they saw that Eliza was listening to them. They walked away quickly.

But Eliza had heard enough. She had to go see that nanny and get rid of her! There was no way she was going to steal her Terrence away from her, one more time! So she want at Terry's and the butler told her that Master Terrence was out with his daughter.

- Are they out with the new nanny?

- No, Miss Graham went out on her own.

She came in and took her coat off to put in closet in the hallway. She saw Candy's luxury coat, she thought it was great and she wished it was hers, but she wasn't able to find one like that in Lakewood! The nanny had such a beautiful coat? She got in the living room to have a drink and put on music. Then she decided to go snoop into the new nanny's room, she had spent the night with Terry. The staff let her do whatever she wanted, she was Master Terrence's cousin and they got along great. So she went upstairs to Candy's room and started looking around a little. She looked in the closet and saw the luxury clothes, designer suits. This nanny seemed very rich, to afford that kind of clothes. She didn't seem like someone who needed to work. She saw lots of bags from New York luxury boutiques. She took her cellphone and dialed a number.