Chapter 7 "The clue..."

Not too far before midnight, Candy woke up suddenly. She sat up and she listened. It was what she thought... a sharp scream coming from the room next door. Candy got out of bed and put on her silk robe and ran out in the darkness. She got into Esther's room and turn on the table lamp. The little girl was moving in her sleep whining.

- Esther, wake up, honey, whispered Candy taking her in her arms tenderly.

The little one opened her eyes, terrified, then she curled up into the young woman's arms.

- Mommy... mommy...

Candy's heart exploded in her chest! Oh my God!!

- It's going to be ok, honey, she said rocking her softly...

She had to bite her tongue so she wouldn't tell her she was her mother. How hard that was. She conforted the little girl who went back to sleep. She put her back to bed and tucked her back in. She covered her. She kissed her on the forehead. She didn't move for a moment, her face was showing so much love, the love of a mom for her little girl. She wanted to take her little girl and run away with her far away... But she was still a stranger for her daughter who wanted her to come and live back with them and destiny and its whims had made that a reality, or was it an God's answer to an innocent little girl's prayer? She has a deep sigh and she walked to the door. She better go back to sleep if she wanted to wake up on time the next morning...

She turned of the light, then she stopped, so she would get used to the darkness. To her big surprise, she saw the light turn on coming from the hallway. Stunned, she got out of Esther's room... ans she fell into Terry's arms. She screamed of surprise.

- Oh Terry! I got scared! She said without realising she called him by his given name.

She tried to push him away.

- I'm sorry. You didn't see me?

- No.

- Of course...

- How?

- You're not wearing your glasses.

She panicked for a second, she looked for a reason...

- You can't see anything...

Oh yeah! She said she was very near sighted!

- The little one was crying, I didn't think about putting them on.

- You way more pretty like this.

She took a step back. Terry's voice was threatening to her. The insolent look, looking at her from head to toe. Her silk robe shaping her body wearing the matching nightgown with a deep v neck, showing her neck. Her sensual mouth, the blue eyes veiled the beautiful arcade... Slowly, he was noticing all the details of her face.