CHAPTER THREE-Forgotten Well-History of a House

As I knew they would, they still sent me back into action. This time, to a Vex construct on Venus they called the Forgotten Well. They detected the structure recently but didn't find any sign of the Vex near it. But as everyone knows, the Vex keep information on everything. That's where I would find out about this new House.

I climbed out of my ship and took a deep breath. My wounds had finally begun healing slightly—no thanks to my Light—so I was able to go on this mission. I began walking towards the tan, blocky structure. It was taller than any Vex structure I had ever seen, as it reached high into the sky. I ran inside of the open door, noticing vines covering the inside quite a bit.

After reaching further into the complex, there was still no sign of the Vex. They usually didn't abandon things. I climbed onto a few objects and jumped to another ledge. There weren't stairs to the spire, as the Vex could simply teleport wherever they needed to go. I sighed, jumping to the next. I landed on my right leg, causing me to scream from the pain.

My Ghost appeared, " Are you alright?"

I nodded, clenching my jaw, " I'm fine."

I continued jumping between ledges until I reached an actual floor. I stepped onto it, fully expecting it to be empty. A single red bolt shot into my left shoulder, right into my other wound. I grunted, rolling to the side and pulling out a Hand Cannon to shoot the Vex Hobgoblin in its single red eye. Its body fell onto the ground in front of me. It was bronze—like most Vex—and had white stripes throughout its body. I continued up the spire, passing at least twelve more floors until I reached the final one. A console of sorts sat at the center with a large pit in front of it. My Ghost flew up to the console, hacking in as usual. Eventually, he stopped.

" I've got what we need—"

Another Hobgoblin shot my Ghost out of the air. I dove to catch it just before it fell all the way down to where we came from. He disappeared back into...wherever they go, leaving me to focus on the enemy. I shot through the enemy and ran forward. A Vex Minotaur teleported in front of me, making me jump backwards. I looked around, more and more red eyes appeared. We were surrounded. As I stepped backwards towards the pit, they charged their rifles. I shook my head, and jumped. I fell for at least ten seconds before I needed to jump off of the air so I wouldn't die. I kicked off of the air, a little too late, and slammed into the ground harshly. I didn't injure myself too much, but I did hurt my other leg. Vex teleported down to the ground, raising their guns at me.

" Ghost! " I yelled, making him appear, " Get my ship! "

Another red bolt shot through my stomach. I coughed up blood. It wasn't right, their attacks hurt more than I remembered. Maybe it was because I couldn't heal that I only now really noticed the actual amount of pain. I fell onto my knees as my ship approached. I couldn't do it any longer. The Vex Minotaur stood over me, raising its leg to crush me.

I rolled onto my back, looking into its single eye. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to kill me, wondering if I could come back to life even if I couldn't regenerate. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see each Vex taken out with a single bullet to the white crystals in their chest.

Cayde-6 walked over to me, " Need a hand? " he said, helping me stand.

My ship descended a few feet ahead. A purple blast from a Vex Cyclopes shot towards it, destroying it instantly.

Cayde stopped, " My ship it is."

__________________________________________________________________________

The Last City

We arrived at the Tower by night, walking into the Hall of Guardian's.

Zavala let out a sigh of relief, " I'm glad he reached you in time," he said.

Cayde help me sit in a chair beside him.

" What did you find? " Zavala asked.

" I know where the House came from. The Vex had a record on past events on Venus. You'll be surprised," I said, " This House, the House of Dawn, seems to have been formed by an exiled follower of Skolas. It looks like he found followers of his own."

Ikora nodded slowly, " I don't understand why they would build a Warmind. I do know that the Fallen have been making weapons for quite some time, but on this scale..." her voice trailed off.

I shook my head, " I don't get it either. They have to know that it won't work without some type of A.I. They can build the structure, sure, but without A.I, it's useless."

" Unless they use SIVA," said a rough voice.

I turned to see Lord Saladin standing there. His gold and silver armor was always impressive to see, along with the wolf and tree symbols on it.

Zavala sighed, " Saladin, we destroyed SIVA."

Lord Saladin shook his head, " We didn't destroy all of it. I've been finding Splicers around the Plaguelands," he said, " They're moving it somewhere, and Venus might be the place."

Zavala nodded slowly, " Saladin, if what you say is true," he said, making Saladin narrow his eyes, " Then this would mean that they have everything they need," he continued, " SIVA, will be their A.I"

I watched them talk for a few moments before I went exited the room. I went to a small area to the left and sat, looking up to the sleeping god. The Traveler. Though I could still feel might Light flowing through me, it felt like the Traveler had taken away its protection over me. I sighed, looking up to the stars, wandering what the House of Dawn was up to. I knew I wasn't in the best shape to stop them, but I wouldn't stop until their Warmind was destroyed.

I looked to my left and spotted Lord Saladin approaching.

He stood beside me, " I hear you've sustained wounds that refuse to heal," he said.

I nodded.

He looked over to me, " Tomorrow Guardian, you will be back in fighting shape."

" How!? " I asked.

" If you want to continue being a Guardian, then you will take my offer. And fight in the Iron Banner."

My eyes widened, " I understand why you're saying this," I said, feeling the wound in my shoulder, " But I don't know—"

" Then continue whining about the pain you feel. When the Iron Lord's fell, they didn't whine about their sacrifice, nor they pain they felt," he interrupted, " They kept fighting, even with the wounds they had, they fought until the very end! "

I sighed, but nodded, " I'll fight. I swear on the Traveler, I'll finish my mission."

He smiled and walked away.

This was my chance. My chance to regain my strength, and stop the Fallen. My chance to regain my strength, as a Guardian.