CHAPTER FOUR-Iron Banner-Revival

Lord Saladin had told me where to go, and when I arrived, I was quite surprised to see him meet me there. He wore his helmet this time, and I looked past him to see more Guardian's approaching.

He nodded, " Well, Guardian, this is it," he said, " Fight to the death. If you can't revive after losing the ability to heal, then you shouldn't be on this mission."

I took a deep breath, looking at the Titan's, Warlock's, and Hunter's like myself.

I turned back to him, " I'm ready. Where's my team? "

He chuckled, " This time, you're the only one on your side. Happy hunting, Hunter."

The other Guardian's looked over to me before they ran off to their own areas. Waiting to kill me. Waiting to...make me stronger. I smiled, then ran forward, towards my enemies.

The first one I saw, was a Titan jumping through the air. He held an Auto Rifle and fired on me. There was a large bridge in the center of the arena. It also provided quite a bit of cover. I slid behind a few crates, taking out my Hand Cannon. It wasn't any special kind, in fact, it was the worst I could find. But if I could win with that...

I aimed my weapon at the Titan's head as he descended to the ground, and shot. He fell backwards by the impact, but I knew it wasn't enough. A sniper bullet shot just beside me. I spun, firing the direction it came while keeping an eye out for the Titan and any other enemies. The Titan came up from my right. I ducked under his bullets, and fired two right into his head. He fell and died, waiting for his Ghost to revive him. The mode was Elimination, so he wouldn't revive until this was over. Saladin only gave us one life. I peeked around the corner to see the blade of a throwing knife fly past me. I fell back, then looked further down the bridge and saw three Guardian's. Two Hunter's and a Warlock. The other four were probably waiting to blow my head off the second they got a chance. I sighed, running out into the middle of the bridge. Right into my enemy.

They shot, so I slid and threw my throwing knife into the head of the Hunter's. He fell over and I turned my attention to the other and fired three shots into his head by the time I stood. The Warlock jumped into the air, reaching his hand back and gathering his Light. Combining Void energy with it, he launched a Nova Bomb at me. I rolled to the side and into the main building to my right. I jumped onto a few crates and waited for the Warlock to enter. Once he did, I jumped down and fired a single shot into his head at point blank range. He fell over and died like the others.

The other four all came at me at once. I barely had time to react. Another Warlock focused his Light into lighting, while the three Titan's grasped the Hammer of Sol. The Titan's jumped into the air, throwing their hammers towards me.

I jumped to the side, but saw the Stormcaller Warlock approaching. Don't let me down, you hear me, Traveler? I thought. I reached into the air, trying to wield my Light. I felt it, and grasped it. I pulled out my Golden Gun, and fired. The Warlock was hit in the head by the flaming bullet and died instantly. I turned my attention to the flaming hammers coming my way. Luckily, their flaming hammers didn't last long, as their Light dimmed. They began retreating, but I had them now.

I walked forward, aimed, and fired a shot into each of their backs. They flew into walls, dead. I had won, and with two shots left, I fired them up into the air. Declaring my victory. I was ready. I was ready to face the Fallen. I was ready to be a true Guardian.

Lord Saladin walked up to me as the other Guardian's were revived, " Guardian, you have proven my point," he said, " You never lost anything, you only gained the will to truly live."

I took off my helmet and smiled, " Well, I'm not sure I understand, but thank you."

He nodded, " Many Guardian's have never truly died," he said," The past Iron Lord's are forever gone, but they understood what death meant. That brought out the best in them, the people that they really were. It brought out what a Guardian should be."

He patted me on the shoulder, " The fear of death, is what gives us the will to live."

And with that, he left. I repeated his words in my head on my way back to the city. I went to the Vanguard with a smile on my face.

Cayde spun around, " Emilia, we were just talking about you," he said.

Zavala nodded, " You're not fit for the mission anymore."

I shook my head, " Oh don't worry, I'm more fit for the mission than ever before. This is something I have to handle," I said, " After first seeing this new Fallen House in the Cosmodrome, to actually facing it now. With their Warmind. This, is my fight."