CHAPTER SEVEN-Warmind Site 0-Alarich Deactivate

We arrived at Venus, and went right to the Warmind. The SIVA that once flowed through it, was now destroying it. They had mastered SIVA, but SIVA had something else as its master. I sighed, looking back to the structure. It exploded before we could go any further.

Lord Saladin stepped forward, " Rasputin," he said, " It finally reeled back in its pet."

I looked over to him, " I almost feel sorry for Thiris. Him and his followers cut off one of their arms to remember the third of their people we, and the war, have killed."

He sighed, " And what about the thousands they've killed of our own? "

I shook my head, " That's not the point. If we look at it that way, then we're no better than the Hive. We could be moments away from becoming our own Darkness."

I walked over to a hill and looked up at the sun, which was still visible through the yellow clouds.

The Darkness isn't your true enemy. You'll only truly face it once you destroy the darkness that you are. Those were Thiris' last words. And once I thought about it, we've killed so many Fallen, Cabal, and Hive, that we might as well be our own enemy.

The Light only shines on our side, so brightly that it blinds us.