Deal

The following day, as before, Alexander was gone. I knew I couldn't expect him to sty at my side since he had so many things to do, a part of me still hoped he'd stayed. I tried talking to my parents about Micah and how that situation was being handled but they refused to tell me anything. 

'We'll let you know what happens,' they'd said. 'Don't worry about it. Focus on your work.'

How was I not suppose to worry if they didn't tell me anything? I couldn't help but think that this was punishment of not telling them about the letters. It's not like I blamed them or anything. However, being locked up in my room like some criminal made me feel restless. 

Sighing, I spread out on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. With only homework to occupy my time, the day seemed to drag on. For the most part, I'd already completed more than half on my homework so it wasn't like I was just being lazy. It just seemed like no one seem to be able to tell me how long I was going to stay locked up in my room. 

I trusted Alexander and his ability to get everything solved but for some reason, I was still uneasy. The Micah I knew was dangerous. He didn't care about anybody else except himself. Then again, Alexander used to be like that. If anybody could match Micah's arrogance it was probably Alexander.

"So, I have nothing to worry about," I said aloud.

And yet, those words sounded empty even to me. After everything that had happened, couldn't Micah just stop? Alexander had changed. He cared about people even though he would never admit it. Now more than ever, I was convinced that his vampire prince persona was just a facade. I knew the real Alexander and yet Micah was doing everything in his power to sabotage him. It wasn't fair. Plus, I knew Micah had to be behind the Purists. It all made sense now. Orchestrating more hatred between vampires and humans, that would just be something Micah was capable of doing. There had to be something I could do to help but what . . .?

Then it came to me. It was simple really. Why hadn't I thought about it before? I knew what Micah wanted. It would be easy to get Alexander out of this mess. 

Plus, it was my fault that Alexander was in this mess to begin with. If it wasn't for me, Micah would have never tried to frame Alexander. The least I could was help him, right? 

I never once thought Alexander would continue to appear before me. He'd said he wanted my undying devotion. It wasn't like I didn't believe him when he said he cared about me. I cared about him too and yet, what was the point?

He wasn't going to change the image of the vampire Prince who aimed for world domination. He couldn't. I was still convinced that he did all that to keep the King on the throne. Where was 'our relationship'this heading towards?

Honestly, I had never given it much thought. I guess that would mean that I was the one who wasn't taking this seriously. Alexander had put in the effort and I was the one who refused to see it.

I was no good.

Sighing, I sat up and grabbed my phone. Even after all this time, I still remembered that cell phone number. Alexander was going to be furious to say the least but this was all that I was capable of. I couldn't do anything else.

Even if I did this, I was going to be alright. It was for Alexander after all. He had sacrificed so much. It was my turn to repay him. And yet, why were my hands shaking? I took a deep breath trying to calm my raging heart. 

Before I could change my mind, I dialed the number. It didn't take long for him to answer.

"Rin," Micah said. "I was wondering when you were going to call me. Did you miss me?"