two.

the first connection

It was the second to last day of being in the communal bedroom – which brought Tessa almost as much relief as finally making a friend in her squad.

Peter was a kind soul, who had also originated from a troubled past – meaning the two had more than enough to talk about. She had never easily opened up to anyone before, but the Blake boy had the warmest and most understanding presence Tessa had ever seen. That and the fact that he was the only other one who didn't mind having an android in their group.

The pair were both sprawled out on the freshly mowed grass of the academy's running track, after finishing half a dozen laps. And they were only halfway.

"First week and they're already killing us," Tessa struggles to say, her breaths heavy and sore. "Maybe I should just drop out and move to Greece."

Peter nods in agreement, his eyes squeezed shut as his chest rapidly rises and falls. "The clear blue water, warm climate and relaxed environment. The exact opposite of Detroit. Sounds perfect."

While lying in thought, her new friend speaks up with a question which catches her attention.

"Do you know you sleepwalk?"

The brunette glances over with her eyebrows furrowed. "Uh, yeah? My parents told me I have before."

"You've slept walk like every night since we've been here," Peter tells her. "Since I'm by the door I wake up every time you go out – it's only for about ten minutes, so I'm still up when you come back."

"Sorry about that." She responds, embarrassed.

"It's okay, only another couple of nights."

The conversation fades as the two continue to catch their breath. As Tessa sits up she notices Connor entering the area, standing in front of the fence while observing the area. An idea sparks into her mind.

She gets up quicker than she intended to, her head spinning in a result, but she ignores it as she steadily gets to her feet.

"C'mon. The faster we get it done the sooner we can get lunch and take a nap." She announces, sticking her hand down to her friend.

"Just a couple more minutes." Peter mumbles, his body still stuck to the grass.

The García girl turns around to see the android still standing there. "Connor!" She yells out.

She watches it glance at her, confused at the girl's motives. Tessa waves her hand to motion it over, finally giving it a task, which leads it to walk over to them.

"What're you doing?" Peter asks, slightly sitting up as he notices the android approaching them.

"Giving us some motivation."

"Miss García, Mr Blake," Connor greets them, making eye contact with the both of them. "What can I help you with?"

"Firstly, help Peter get his lazy ass off the ground." She asks, giving it a cheery smile.

Connor reaches down to extend it's hand out to Peter, who cautiously takes it and grips on to it's wrist. Connor pulls Peter up much quicker than he expected, causing the boy to exclaim, jerking forward.