nineteen.

old friends

It was the middle of the morning when Connor made his way to the Detroit precinct. He inspected the area as he waited for Lieutenant Anderson to arrive, learning that his lateness wasn't an uncommon thing.

As he made his way down the side of the room, finding the break room – which contained a familiar face.

Gavin Reed was a detective that Connor had previously worked with on the last deviant case. From what Connor had seen, he seemed to be an aggressive, android hating human. His perspective of Gavin was further proven, as his mouth opened when Connor entered the room.

"Hey, bring me a coffee dipshit." He spits out, standing up to approach the android with a look of mischief. "Get a move on!"

Connor looks back at the detective with a blank face, slightly tilting his head. "I'm sorry, but I only take orders from Lieutenant Anderson."

"Oh! Oh."

Gavin turns to walk away, but then suddenly spins back and sends his fist straight into Connor's stomach, making him jerk back and fall to his knees.

"Leave him the fuck alone, Gavin."

An unfamiliar voice came from the doorway, making Connor look up at the person. The detective also turned around, letting out a heavy sigh once seeing him. Connor stands up, observing the two humans.

"Dillon, my little brother – the fuck are you doing here?" Gavin asks, a look of agitation washing over his face.

The boy holds up a bag – which Connor scans to find two sandwiches inside. "Lunch."

"For me? How kind of you."

As Gavin approaches his brother to grab the bag out of his hand, Dillon quickly pulls it away from him, shaking his head.

"Not for you, asshole," He tells the detective, his eyes glaring. "Now do me a favour, and don't touch the android again."

Connor tilted his head at Gavin's brother, curious as to why he was defending him. They obviously have their differences, one holding a hatred against androids – whereas other doesn't.

"Since when the fuck did you care? I thought you'd hate them more than me, since one of them got you kicked out of the academy."

Dillon shifts his eyes to Connor, looking him in the eyes. "I got myself kicked out of the academy. And besides – I've changed. So don't make me fucking warn you again, Gavin."

"What, you really gonna let me beat your ass just for a fucking piece of plastic?" The detective warns, getting close to him.

Before the conversation can get any more heated, Connor notices a familiar officer approaching the room, his hand gripping on to Dillon's shoulder.

The android recognises the officer as Officer Blake – the one who he saved on the apartment terrace a few months back. The officer makes eye contact with him, his lips slightly parting as he seems to be surprised to see Connor.

"C'mon, Dill – I've got a half an hour break."

"Lucky you for having a boyfriend that gets you out of everything, huh?" Gavin teases, making Dillon's hands ball up into fists.