Chapter 2

Wonderwall

Chapter 2

Despite all the times life had fucked me over, this time I could truly say; I was a lucky man. As I walked out of the hospital, a clean bill of health, I felt a jolt of relief wash over me. Earlier I was wrong. I didn’t want to die. I was too young. There were so many things I still needed to do. That doesn’t mean my life hasn’t been complete torture from the moment it started though. I couldn’t blame anyone for it though. Most of it was my fault. But some of it was not.

As I got to the end of the Hospital property, I browsed the large city street for a cab I could ride back to my hotel. Liverpool wasn’t an easy place to catch a cab. As I saw a familiar paint color zip closer to me, I realized cab was coming right my way. I signaled for the driver to pull over, and he obeyed, stopping the small black car at the curb. I hoped in and studied the man. He was tan, with dark brown hair. He looked to be about 45, and he was bigger. Not fat by any means, but definitely more muscular. Hell, he looked like he would be a better body guard then cabbie!

“Hi there, my names Paul. And yours?” Paul asked politely, a warm smile on his face. “Liam. It’s nice to meet you Paul. Could you please take me to Corrington Hotel on 4th and 7th?” I asked, trying to sound as nice as I possibly could. Paul seemed like a good guy. “No problem son.” He said; the same jolly smile put on his lips. He pressed the peddle down and began to drive in the right direction. “So are you living in Liverpool, or just visiting?” Paul questioned, looking towards the road and driving onto 4th street. “I’ve lived in Liverpool since 18. I went to Liverpool University, I’m 24 now.” I admitted, turning towards the window and looking out onto the busy street. “That’s cool. So where are you from? I reckoned you didn’t have a scouser accent.” Paul asked curiously, I questioning look on his face as he looked at me through the mirror.

 “I’m from Wolverhampton.” I said, looking back at the horrible times in my hometown. I hated it there. “Oh wow! That’s quite far from here, isn’t it?” He asked, turning his attention back to the road. “Yeah, it is pretty far away.” I said, gazing back out my window, seeing the area and guessing we were about 2 minutes from the hotel. “Hard to see family? Or are they living here too?” Paul asked, not taking his attention off the road in front of him. “No… their in Wolverhampton. I’m just not on great terms with my family, so I guess it doesn’t matter how far away from them I am.” I admitted. Why am I telling him all this stuff? I don’t even know the man’s last name.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Paul said sadly as we pulled up to the large hotel I was staying at. “Well, here we are! Have a good day!” Paul said cheerfully as I paid him and made my way out of his cab. As I watched the nice man drive off, I began to jog towards the large doors that were the entrance to the hotel. I made my way through the large lobby and past the front desk to be greeted by Mr. Cowell. “How are you Liam? Feeling better now I hope?” Simon questioned, standing behind his desk wearing his classic grey suit. He had a smile wrapped on his face which I knew wasn’t sincere, but I appreciated the effort. “Yeah, I’m feeling better; thanks. I said, watching the man nod and turn away, pretending to be busy. As I walked towards the already opened elevator and walked inside, hitting the button 11 I began to think. That seems like a lot of people do that around me. Pretend. Pretend to care for me. Pretend to miss me. Pretend to need me. Pretend to want me. Pretend to love me. As I heard the loud ding go off, which signaled I was on the floor I had request, I walked out of the grey confinement and walked down the hall towards my suite. I arrived at the familiar black door and unlocked it, throwing it open and pacing in. I closed the door behind me and walked to my bedroom.

I lazily threw myself onto the bed and kicked off my slip on Converse, sliding off my socks and getting under the tan covers. I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes, feeling myself slowly begin to fall into sleep.

“Were sorry Mrs. Payne... but he didn’t make it.” The doctor said. What is he talking about?! I can hear him! I’m right here! In this bed! “Hahaha! Oh, you think I mind?” My mum said with a cackle. What? She wouldn’t car if I was dead? “BAHAHA! Of course not! No one would! He’s just a useless scumbag.” The doctor replied. What the fuck does he know? He doesn’t even know me!

I woke up, gasping for air. It was all a dream… a horrible, retched dream. I’m sure most of it was true though.  My mum and everyone else wouldn’t care if I died. I mean nothing to them and I know it. As I thought all of these things I got the familiar strong urge that I had gotten before I had almost died and landed myself a trip to the hospital. But why should I care? I deserve to die for everything I’ve done. I got up from the warm bed and lurked over to the bathroom. I looked under the drawer and found the same silver raiser I always used. Of course the paramedics weren’t smart enough to take it away, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes in the process.

I brought the sharp object to my wrist and began the same process I always did. But this time something felt different… out of place… wrong. I guess I was too busy thinking to hear the door to my suite open, and a cart being pushed against the hard wood floor. I continued to cute until I heard the sound of metallic wheels rolling against the floor that I looked up.

“Room service! I have some towels for you s- oh…” A boy with curly brown hair and mesmerizing green eyes gasped out, looking at my eyes and then back down to the blade I held against my wrist. Oh shit, I’m screwed this time.

Hehehe, go ahead. Virtually choke me behind your computer screen for the cliff-hanger xD I’m sorry! Okay? I had to do it! I’ve never done a cliff hanger before! I’m sorry -_-

So please comment and tell me IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER! Why the hell should I even write if I don’t know if people LIKE my writing or not?! You all know how it is. So I thought I made this chapter toooooo short :P But it was the perfect time for a cliffy! So you know, I went with it ;)

Even though there were few comments on the last chapter, I’m still so happy with the feedback. All of the comments were positive and I’m loving it! :) So do you think Chapter 1 or 2 was better? Tell me below!

I KNOW, I KNOW IT SEEMS TO SAD! But now that Harry is in the picture as soon as things start clearing up (which they will soon) you’ll have your fluffiness!

I’m sorry; just have to point this out real quick. THIS STORY IS ALREADY SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN NARRY. That story was shit -_-

Song is Lovesong by The Cure because it’s my 2nd favorite song of all time :) Remember, There Is a Light That Never Goes Out was the first one ;) (Waiting for people to tell me I have a good taste in music. Haha!”

Song quotes: “No matter how far away, I will always love you.” “Even if were worlds away, I will always love you.” “No matter what they say, I will always love you.”

Such a sweet song :)

Okay, REMEMBER.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Read

And most of all, LOVE! xoxo :)